Options

does my site have a bug/virus

thenimirrathenimirra Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
edited September 5, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hello, I would appreciate if someone could take a look at my website and see if I've messed something up. I haven't been able to get into my site and stay in it for the last two days. I keep getting error messages and then I get booted out of the site altogether.

www.picture-yourworld.com

Thank you!

OK, it just did it again, specifically what I am trying to do is
1) Make a copy of a picture in my senior portraits portfolio
2) Move the photo to another gallery.

When I try to move it, the system just locks up, then I get a message saying Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem.

Comments

• Options
    rkw624rkw624 Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    Won't load for me. My site will not load into my browser either. It stops at 18 items to go and just sits there.
    Rich
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    Site loads fine for me..
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    rkw624 wrote:
    Won't load for me. My site will not load into my browser either. It stops at 18 items to go and just sits there.
    Yours loads fine, too:

http://wiseguys.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Yours loads fine, too:

http://wiseguys.smugmug.com

Can't get mine to load or any one else's SmugMug site. ??? The SmugMug home page loads though.
    Rich
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2008
    rkw624 wrote:
    Can't get mine to load or any one else's SmugMug site. ??? The SmugMug home page loads though.

Somethings out of whack. Just did a test.[IMG][/img]318443776.png
    Rich
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2008
    I am not having a load up problem. The site loads up fine, but whenever I try to use the "move photo to another gallery" option, it freezes up and kicks me out.

I have worked around it by just not using that feature. Instead, I used the "move to another GALLERIES" option and it worked fine. Just wanted to let you guys know there seems to be something wrong with the other option.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    thenimirra wrote:
    I am not having a load up problem. The site loads up fine, but whenever I try to use the "move photo to another gallery" option, it freezes up and kicks me out.

I have worked around it by just not using that feature. Instead, I used the "move to another GALLERIES" option and it worked fine. Just wanted to let you guys know there seems to be something wrong with the other option.
    Hi Sheba,

Thanks for the additional info. For which gallery did that happen?
    Could you give us the link and what browser version you used?
    Does it still happen?

I did some checking and had a look at one of your galleries with IE6 without any of your customizations. The 'move to other gallery' tool works fine when your site customizations are displayed. That's why I'm pretty sure that the issue is located somewhere in your customizations.

I see that you still have the code for the old javascript slideshow while you seem to use the new Flash slideshow. I would recommend that you remove this code.

I'll also ask one of our customization experts to have a look at your customizations.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 5, 2008
    thenimirra wrote:

Hi :)

Can you check now and see if you still have the problem?

I cleaned up some of the customization you had that was left over from the old slideshow and also moved a couple of the javascripts around. You actually had one in your biobox that may have been the problem. Let us know if things are working okay now.

I also replaced the slideshow with the newer flash code. It's still in your bio and look a little different than what you had before, but it works the same :)
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2008
    Barb wrote:
    Hi :)

Can you check now and see if you still have the problem?

I cleaned up some of the customization you had that was left over from the old slideshow and also moved a couple of the javascripts around. You actually had one in your biobox that may have been the problem. Let us know if things are working okay now.

I also replaced the slideshow with the newer flash code. It's still in your bio and look a little different than what you had before, but it works the same :)

Hi Barb, thanks for the help! I noticed that the slideshow is very large, or the photos are too large, and they are being cut off. can this be fixed
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2008
    thenimirra wrote:
    Hi Barb, thanks for the help! I noticed that the slideshow is very large, or the photos are too large, and they are being cut off. can this be fixed

I removed one parameter in the slideshow forcing large images. See if that's better.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2008
    Hi Barb, thanks for your help. The photo size is correct and working fine now, however, when the slideshow loads up, there is something strange happening right before the slideshow appears. My business name appears twice with some of the lettering cut off from the sides, then they disappear. ne_nau.gif maybe that signifies some other problem with coding?
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2008
    thenimirra wrote:
    Hi Barb, thanks for your help. The photo size is correct and working fine now, however, when the slideshow loads up, there is something strange happening right before the slideshow appears. My business name appears twice with some of the lettering cut off from the sides, then they disappear. ne_nau.gif maybe that signifies some other problem with coding?

I think we have it now :) That was listed as your splash image - your logo. I removed the splash image. Let me know if it's okay.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2008
    looks great! Thank you Barb!
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2008
    thenimirra wrote: