a different kind of senior shoot

erson83erson83 Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
edited September 7, 2008 in People
I try and do things that not every other photog does. I would love to get your thoughts on this senior shot involving the ocean. Thanks!

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    It doesn't work for me. The flash is too strong....causing the lighting to be flat. Aside from that it gives it a cut and pasted look. I think as far as composition a tighter crop would be better. There is too much room above her head.
  • Scotty_RScotty_R Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    To me the ocean looks like a large background image, as if it was the background layer in photoshop. Then, you took her image and put in on top of the backgound layer. As Jeff said, the entire image looks contrived because the lighting of the ocean is so different from the lighting on the subject. I'd re-engineer this one.
    Scotty
  • PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    The pose looks unnatural to me... too uncomfortable.
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • erson83erson83 Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    hey all, thanks for the feedback--i understand what you are saying about the lighting and the photoshopped look. (it isn't, just an FYI) as for the pose...she isn't. that's just how she was. I told her to just go act a fool! I'll work on the lighting, and maybe repost another shot of the same shoot.

Thanks again
  • BlakerBlaker Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2008
    Reminds me of those "Trash the Dress" wedding photos that are becoming so popular.