First Panorama

TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
edited September 5, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
My best friend and I rushed to City Island to capture the sunset. Unfortunately, it was gone by the time we found a spot. We snuck into a construction area and I didn't have a wide enough lense for the following shot. (I don't think anyone has one this wide at that distance. lol)

So here it is, C & C allways welcomed and noted.

365957474_YEFbG-L.jpg
Frank Martinez
Nikon Shooter
It's all about the moment...

Comments

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    The right side of the photo looks a bit out of focus. Nice machine!
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    Trevlan wrote:
    My best friend and I rushed to City Island to capture the sunset. Unfortunately, it was gone by the time we found a spot. We snuck into a construction area and I didn't have a wide enough lense for the following shot. (I don't think anyone has one this wide at that distance. lol)

So here it is, C & C always welcomed and noted.

You did very well Trevlan, looks like you have a little problem about 2/3rds of the way across the top of the crane with the sky there?

Did it not join properly?
    At the size you posted the shot it looks pretty darn good for a first try clap.gif

Well Done thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • JagiMonsterJagiMonster Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 5, 2008
    Shady Sunset @ City Island
    Hi everyone, I'm Trev's best friend and what Trev failed to mention that it was about 9pm, pitch black, and the mosquitoes were kicking our butts.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Second, we didn't miss the sunset; the darn sun decided to hide behind some really thick clouds.<o:p></o:p>
    We were very ready to jump over fences and hang ourselves from any pier that would have given us the shot, but the sun was stubborn. <o:p></o:p>
    Our experience has netted us a very open space for our next time. We will conquer the sunset shot in no time. :ivar

BTW: We got some pretty good shots though.
  • jbrooksjbrooks Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited September 5, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    You did very well Trevlan, looks like you have a little problem about 2/3rds of the way across the top of the crane with the sky there?

Did it not join properly?
    At the size you posted the shot it looks pretty darn good for a first try clap.gif

Well Done thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

It's either vignetting or because of different exposure settings between frames. I've done panos for a little while now and have discovered that if your entire scene has different amounts of light, and you want your exposure to stay constant across the scene, then you need to use the Exposure Lock on your camera. Set the exposure at the frame of interest ... turn on exposure lock ... then start panning and taking the other frames.

But even if you do that, your panos will still suffer from whatever vignetting is in your lens. If you can, study the vignetting from your lens and try to remove that before you assemble the pano.