ch 37 First Attempts

juliejulesjuliejules Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
edited April 28, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here are 2 photos taken yesterday, 4/27/05. The first is a ream of paper, and the second is cat fur. Since this is my first post, I need all the help I can get! Suggestions welcome.

#1 Paper

20712050-L.jpg

#2 Hobbs' Fur

20711836-L.jpg
--juliejules
http://www.juliejules.com
Canon 70D, Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS, Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L, Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM, Canon Ext 1.4x II, SpeedLite 430EX

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 28, 2005
    Hi Julie: Congrats on your 1st attempt. The cat fur doesn't grab me but as for the paper... hmmmm, very nice.

The light, angle, textures are all very interesting. I'm not certain about the challenge association but it's good picture. (I might crop the top a bit). thumb.gif
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2005
    oohhh! impressive start
    I'd choose the paper (definately). The only thing I would say is that the bright edge is just a bit too bright (blown), I'd like to see the faintest detail there, but that's a minor point. Well done.

It may be my interpretation for the challenge but I think natural shapes tend not to have a repetitave pattern. (obviously there are exceptiona, like 4labs sempaviren (sp?)

juliejules wrote:
    Here are 2 photos taken yesterday, 4/27/05. The first is a ream of paper, and the second is cat fur. Since this is my first post, I need all the help I can get! Suggestions welcome.

#1 Paper

20712050-L.jpg
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • juliejulesjuliejules Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2005
    adrian_k wrote:
    I'd choose the paper (definately). The only thing I would say is that the bright edge is just a bit too bright (blown), I'd like to see the faintest detail there, but that's a minor point. Well done.

It may be my interpretation for the challenge but I think natural shapes tend not to have a repetitave pattern. (obviously there are exceptiona, like 4labs sempaviren (sp?)
    Thanks for the feedback. I agree with right side being to bright. It was challenging to get the light to graze the left side so the details would come out. Maybe I'll try to fix it...

It's interesting that you mention that natural shapes don't have repetitive pattern. That's why I chose to photograph the stripes on the cat! Although I agree that the picture doesn't really work.
    --juliejules
    http://www.juliejules.com
    Canon 70D, Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS, Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L, Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM, Canon Ext 1.4x II, SpeedLite 430EX