Options

Q for native English speakers

khizhiykhizhiy Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
edited September 5, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Sorry, I could not find a better place at Digital Grin for my question...
I am having trouble with transtation to English, so...
Please suggest me a shorter and smarter name for my gallery "The Day Of Those Who Was Born In Summer", or "The Day When We Selebrated Birthdays Of People Whose Birthdays Were Really In Summer" :dunno .

Sergei

Comments

• Options
    mike_kmike_k Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    How about "The Day of Summer Birthday Celebrations" or just "Summer Birthday Celebrations"?
  • Options
    pjppjp Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    khizhiy wrote:
    Sorry, I could not find a better place at Digital Grin for my question...
    I am having trouble with transtation to English, so...
    Please suggest me a shorter and smarter name for my gallery "The Day Of Those Who Was Born In Summer", or "The Day When We Selebrated Birthdays Of People Whose Birthdays Were Really In Summer" ne_nau.gif .

Sergei
    Celebrating Summer Birthdays?
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2008
    Thank you for replies.
    I was thinking about "Summer Birthdays Celebration". Probably it sounds more confusing then "Summer Birthday Celebrations"...

Sergei
  • Options
    PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    It depends on the event:
    "Summer Birthdays Celebration" is a single event for lots of people who had birthdays over the summer
    "Summer Birthday Celebrations" are lots of events, each for a single person who had a birthday over the summer.
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    I suspect this is not standard, but my kid's school calls them "Half-Birthday Celebration'... all the kids with birthday's in summer, they celebrate their 'half birthday' (ie 6mons away) during the school year, so they do not miss out on a school birthday party, due to summer vacation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-birthday
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2008
    2 cmason:

That's a very interesting idea - half-birthday celebration! Thanks for pointing that out for me.

What my son had in his class was a school birthday party for five pupils simultaneously, and it was not exactly 6 months after the real anniversary of birth of anyone of them.

Sergei