San Bernardino pass - panorama

dgentiledgentile Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
edited September 8, 2008 in Landscapes
366289613_qfyhz-M.jpg
Click on the photo to get a larger version (smugmug lightbox)

The panorama was "stitched" from several photos and was taken on the road over the San Bernardino Pass in Switzwerland

C&C welcome.

Daniel Gentile Photography:www.dgentile.net

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    Amazing panorama ! will look great in large size
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • TunaTuna Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    Absolutely beautiful!
  • dgentiledgentile Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    Amazing panorama ! will look great in large size

Thank you!

btw. I quite like Islamabad - it's an amazing city... been there in 2001 on my trip through asia. But especially Pakistans northern area (mountains...) is absolutely stunning, one of the most beautiful places I've seen. One day I'll go back there again.

242259953_rmLNX-S-2.jpg
    (Myself at the border crossing from china to pakistan "karakoram Highway")

235783906_T53Wh-M-1.jpg
    (Taken in "Passu"... some of the peaks are over 7000m - click for a larger version)

Daniel
    edited September 6, 2008
    Tuna wrote:
    Absolutely beautiful!

thank you!
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    dgentile wrote:
    Click on the photo to get a larger version (smugmug lightbox)

The panorama was "stitched" from several photos and was taken on the road over the San Bernardino Pass in Switzwerland

C&C welcome.

Really nice scenic pano. The title fooled me, I was expecting California. rolleyes1.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    dgentile wrote:
    Thank you!

btw. I quite like Islamabad - it's an amazing city... been there in 2001 on my trip through asia. But especially Pakistans northern area (mountains...) is absolutely stunning, one of the most beautiful places I've seen. One day I'll go back there again.

242259953_rmLNX-S-2.jpg
    (Myself at the border crossing from china to pakistan "karakoram Highway")

235783906_T53Wh-M-1.jpg
    (Taken in "Passu"... some of the peaks are over 7000m - click for a larger version)

Daniel

Wow you have been to passu cones ! great. I am also planning trip to northern areas of Pakistan especially Deosai planes 17000 feeteek7.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • TunaTuna Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    bryanj87 wrote:
    Really nice scenic pano. The title fooled me, I was expecting California. rolleyes1.gif

You aren't the only one. :D
    edited September 7, 2008
    bryanj87 wrote:
    ?? Is there a san bernardino pass too ? (never been too california ;) )
    edited September 7, 2008
    Wow you have been to passu cones ! great. I am also planning trip to northern areas of Pakistan especially Deosai planes 17000 feeteek7.gif

I've been up to 6100m (20'000 feet) so far... that was quite a challange ;) (I did a bit of mountaineering before though...)
    up to 5000m (16400feet) it's not really problematic (although you'll feel that it takes a bit more energy to do things...) but the experience is quite well worth it.

Ever since I've travelled that area I felt the need to go back there. Charming place and very friendly people. I hitch hiked a lot and have been to some fairly remote places... had an amazing time.

enjoy it... ;) (I'm only slightly envious rolleyes1.gifthumb.gif)
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2008
    That is a really stunning pano. clap.gif My eye found so much to view in all the cracks and colors.

One thing that distracted me a little was up in the clouds. It isn't banding, but looks like bands: light at the horizon, then a very dark band, then the neutral band at the top. It's that very dark portion in the middle that messes with my eyes. It may be just the way the clouds were, but it distracts me from that beautiful foreground, especially on the left side of the frame.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2008
    Gorgeous pano, both of them! The first has some lovely color and I was very happy to see it so big and sit closer to the screen to get every detail. thumb.gif
  • jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    Hey another Zurich person clap.gif
    I'm living just outside of Zurich...
    Nice pic too - I'm just getting into some panoramas and am waiting for winter to head up into the mountains for some snow shots :D

Cheers, Jase