Options

Brian & Kari - Engagement Shoot

Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
edited September 15, 2008 in Weddings
Meet Brian & Kari!

They are a very fun couple who's wedding I will be shooting on October 11th. We got together Monday for their engagement shoot. For two people who qoute "hate being in front of a camera" they were so easy to shoot. Here are a few of my favorites.......

C&C always welcome and appreciated.

365992298_8qUrn-M-1.jpg

365980807_Kpqrt-M-1.jpg

365984674_277Ni-M-1.jpg

365985908_Uz6hV-M-1.jpg

365987668_BMLnC-M-1.jpg

365994943_CiwJY-M-1.jpg

365977791_7mDfz-M-1.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look
Jeff Milo
MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    I like these a lot. I think they can be improved upon just a touch - they are all so centered.
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2008
    Thanks Scott, and excellent point on the centering of all the shots. Do these work better?

365986362_ZuMZh-M-2.jpg

365993475_3M6o5-M-2.jpg

Also, currious of your thoughts on this one

365994788_69Qx3-M-1.jpg

Thanks again for looking
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2008
    Just like SD, uh:-) mwink.gif
    Good stuff, Jeff! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2008
    FWIW - I think these are all a huge improvement on the original "submissions". And, I like #3 of the second set as well. Photos don't all have to include faces (just most of them:D).
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2008
    FWIW - I think these are all a huge improvement on the original "submissions". And, I like #3 of the second set as well. Photos don't all have to include faces (just most of them:D).

Jeff,

These have nice light...congratulations on another shoot.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2008
    yummy light in the first...wow!

I also really like the last three, and especially the last one, body language shots rock IMO.

One thing you may consider is working on your watermark, in a few of the shots it is very difficult to "look past." I totally appreciate the need, just might explore less distracting options.

I'll never understand why people wear white on bottom to be photographed. It's happened to me before...
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited September 15, 2008
    Thank you all very much for the comments and kind words. I respect your opinions and work greatly. Every time I prepare for a wedding I find myself perusing your web sites for inspiration (expecially since Shays site went down).

I keep going back and forth on the watermarks. I really dont like sticking a watermark in the middle of a picture, but I also dont like seing my pictures screen shotted and cropped to lose the watermark. Guess its back to the drawing board gotta try and find that happy medium.

This wedding is going to be both fun and challenging. Outdoor late afternoon ceremony. We shot the engagement photos at the same location as the wedding and at about the same sun position as the day of the wedding so I am very excited about the natural light for the ceremony and formals. The reception is going to be a tuff one though - outdoors and at night. Going to be very difficult to light the whole area so I plan on using one stationary light (Metz 60CT-4) to cover the dance floor and have my assistant follow me around with my 580ex on a monopod. Any other suggestions you may have on how to light this would be very much appreciated.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com