Looking for Assistance (7)

Michael AtkinsMichael Atkins Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
edited September 6, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well here I am again without a super clear idea of what to shoot. I really liked some photos I had taken last week in Kenai Fjords National Park. Just not sure if they are theme worthy or not?

1. King of the Hill
366530034_KnLB7-L.jpg

2. "Abandon Ship" or maybe "Takeoff Quick the Buffet is Closing"
366530418_yX6jQ-L.jpg

3. "Dinner Bell" or maybe "Dive Bomb for Desert" ????
366530830_fn5SF-L.jpg

Any comments / suggestions are always greatly appreciated. Due to subject nature a reshoot is obviously out of the question.

Thank you,
Mike

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    Hey Mike,
    I think #2 and 3 are really great shots but am not sure how well they fit the theme. The birds are flying haphazardly and in all directions thus not giving a sense that they are 'communicating' in their escape plans.
    Shot 1 has the lone sea lion calling but everyone else looks bored or asleep. It might work with a tighter crop ne_nau.gif
    Hope that helps,
    E
  • GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif Great shots of the whale and birds, but no real link to the theme. OF the 3 shots, #1 might be the best for theme relevance. Good luck.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    geez, what super cool shots....i would love to have been with you there! to see a whale...(besides at sea world) must be very sweet....
    what kind is that anyway?

as for the theme, i agree with E, not much communication going on imo...
    Aaron Nelson
  • Michael AtkinsMichael Atkins Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    Thank you eoren1, Giphsub, & AaronNelson for your comments. I'm going to try a couple other things and go through some more photos taken these last two weeks.

Mike

Also that is a Humpback whale there.