Colors not true in photo

DEPM20DEPM20 Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
edited September 8, 2008 in Sports
367376691_skioR-L.jpg
http://dpm.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=367376691&ImageKey=skioR

I hope I have added this photo correctly .. if not, I will try again. This is my first photo attachment/asking for help . . .I cannot figure out why the color of my cheerleader uniforms are royal blue??? Our colors are purple and gold ... these uniforms should be PURPLE! What kind of adjustments need to be made. Even the boys uniforms look a little blue, but not as blue as the girls . . .any ideas?? thanks:scratch

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2008
    DEPM20 wrote:
    Our colors are purple and gold ... these uniforms should be PURPLE

Looks very purple to me.
    Tell us your setup, and how you shot & processed this photo?
  • DesignsmithDesignsmith Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2008
    The color of the uniform on my monitor is purple trimmed in white, gold, and purple. Suggest that if the colors look off to you that you may need to calibrate your monitor for correct color. How did it look viewed on your camera? Have you tried viewing it on an other monitor?
    DS

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
    -Marcel Proust

Sony A100: Dician VG-1 grip: Made Products Camera Armor: Sony 18-70 f3.5-5.6: Minolta 50 f1.7: Minolta 28-80 f3.5-5.6: Minolta 7-210 f4: Sigma 70-300DL f4-5.6:
    Cambron 2x converter: Minolta 3500xi: SanDisk Ultra II 2GB x6: Lexar Pro 8GB x3: Cokin filter system: PSP X2:
  • DEPM20DEPM20 Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2008
    color not true
    Andy wrote:
    Looks very purple to me.
    Tell us your setup, and how you shot & processed this photo?

If I want to add additional photos for viewing, do they have to be in separate posts . .just trying to learn how to do this correctly . . by the way, I shot with Canon 40D 70-200 2.8 . . should have used a monopod .. it was a cloudy day. However, I thought the uniforms from the last game looked blue as well .. maybe I need to callibrate my monitor .. I have no idea how to do this . .more research . .. always something!
    thanks for the quick viewing!
    edited September 7, 2008
    More Pictures .. Color Not True??
    367376798_q9MbK-L.jpg
    http://dpm.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=367376798&ImageKey=q9MbK

367376928_Px3UQ-L.jpg
    http://dpm.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=367376928&ImageKey=Px3UQ

367377298_FsFDV-L.jpg
    http://dpm.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=367377298&ImageKey=FsFDV

I think I have figured the posting part out ... do these colors still look purple on other monitors . ..they look royal blue to me . .just getting another check ... thanks for any advice out there . . .

These were shot with Canon 40D 70-200 2.8 no flash (obviously) . .what would make them better . .they do not "pop" to me ..I previously am a Nikon user . .switched to upgrade and the Canon was more affordable for me . .lenses were not that much of an issue .. have not been as happy with Canon . .pictures do not seem as crisp and sharp ... as Nikon ..perhaps my Nikon D70 allowed for a greater "user error"!!! I know it is me .. but I am not sure what the problem is . . .is shutter speed to high? .. I bounce around alot experimenting with different settings trying to find the right one . .. going from shooting high speed action and turning around to shoot action in cheerleaders are two different extremes ..I am just trying to educate myself . .appreciate all your ideas!!

Thanks
    edited September 7, 2008
    The color of the uniform on my monitor is purple trimmed in white, gold, and purple. Suggest that if the colors look off to you that you may need to calibrate your monitor for correct color. How did it look viewed on your camera? Have you tried viewing it on an other monitor?
    I went through and made a few adjustments with my monitor and they now look more purple . . I feel so stupid . . I certainly did not want to offer these to friends unless they were what I felt were of good quality ...

Thanks so much!clap.gif
  • donekdonek Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2008
    What's your white balance setting?
    Sean Martin
    www.seanmartinphoto.com

aaaaa.... who am I kidding!

whoever dies with the biggest coolest piece of glass, wins!
  • StrickStrick Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2008
    They look purple here, the helmets most of all. On my screen they have some pop to them also.
    www.zoominphoto.com
    Various pieces of Canon gear.
  • sportsshooter06sportsshooter06 Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2008
    they look red to mene_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gifdunno
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    Red? Look purple to me.
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,215 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    The cheer uniforms all look purple to me. The football helmets also look purple, but the boys jerseys do look royal blue on my monitor. headscratch.gif Maybe I need to calibrate my monitor too??
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    Both the helmets and the cheer uniforms are definitely purple with some serious "pop" on my digital monitor, the shirts are still purple but slightly toned down.

On my analogue monitor they are distinctly toned down and less purple (edging to blue), but that one isn't calibrated.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
    edited September 8, 2008
    donek wrote:
    What's your white balance setting?
    I usually leave WB on auto unless indoors with some funky lighting ... I have done some preset custom white balance but have not quite mastered that as to be able to tell the difference . .
  • donekdonek Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    DEPM20 wrote:
    I usually leave WB on auto unless indoors with some funky lighting ... I have done some preset custom white balance but have not quite mastered that as to be able to tell the difference . .
    Check the EXIF data in photoshop and verify that your WB setting was on Auto when you took these.
    Sean Martin
    www.seanmartinphoto.com

aaaaa.... who am I kidding!

whoever dies with the biggest coolest piece of glass, wins!