Options

Copy a gallery

lastingmemoriesphotolastingmemoriesphoto Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited September 10, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hello, I (as many others I have read) have been lurking through the forums for sometime. I am now going to try and get involved:D . Can you copy photos to a different gallery without them being deleted from the original gallery?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    Hello, and welcome. Sorry, there's not a way to do that :(
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2008
    Hello, I (as many others I have read) have been lurking through the forums for sometime. I am now going to try and get involved:D . Can you copy photos to a different gallery without them being deleted from the original gallery?

You can use the Make 2nd Copy command in the tools menu in your gallery. That will make a new copy of the image in the current gallery (so now you have two copies of it). You can then move one of the copies to a new gallery (also in the tools menu). It ends up accomplishing the goal of copying photos to a new gallery, but with the extra step in the middle.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    lastingmemoriesphotolastingmemoriesphoto Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    jfriend wrote:
    You can use the Make 2nd Copy command in the tools menu in your gallery. That will make a new copy of the image in the current gallery (so now you have two copies of it). You can then move one of the copies to a new gallery (also in the tools menu). It ends up accomplishing the goal of copying photos to a new gallery, but with the extra step in the middle.

Thank you jfriend!!!
  • Options
    chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    If you have many photos to copy into another gallery, or galleries, there is third party software such as NitroDesk that will make the job a snap. Simply drag and drop. Star Explorer may do the same but I'm not certain. You'd have to check it out and see.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged