Options

Hanna vs. an outdoor wedding

nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
edited September 12, 2008 in Weddings
I was asked to shoot my friend from works wedding the same day I told her I was 3 months pregnant. And guess what…her wedding would be in 6 months. Making me 9 months pregnant for the shoot. I was planning on going to her wedding anyway, and I knew she was on a super tight budget (she wouldn’t have had a photographer if I said no). So, we played it by ear and decided that I would just take it easy, but still shoot her wedding as long as I wasn’t on bed rest or in labor! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
It hasn’t rained in upstate NY for almost 3 weeks, but of course the day of her outdoor at home wedding tropical storm Hanna decided to rain on her parade. The bride took off work 2 weeks before her wedding to prepare for the event and was very very stressed knowing it was going to rain. <o:p></o:p>
It ended up being a fantastic wedding! There were about 80 people there. The decorations were beautiful and she looked fantastic. We were a little tight in the barn, but the only thing that really mattered was that they were in love and were married!<o:p></o:p>
My husband came with me as my assistant/umbrella holder! I now think he should come with me to every wedding. It is great to have a gopher/lens changer on hand!

CC always welcome! :D

368248904_Z5vuB-L-1.jpg

368249127_Kquh9-L-2.jpg

368249649_BLeh2-L-1.jpg

368249929_KooSg-L-1.jpg

368250282_qVdVV-L-1.jpg

368250077_kqsim-L-1.jpg

7. Another of our friends made the cake!
368250521_G8RSn-L-1.jpg

8. This is a view into the barn from the tent.
368250688_6nrgm-L-1.jpg

9. Some fun towards the end of the night.
368251070_i4qd8-L-1.jpg
Nicole
D3, and other Nikon goodies
Shilliday Photography
Blog
Facebook

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    nice catures..5 is my fav. The site looks amazing.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    Qarik wrote:
    Yes, #5 is nice, but #6 is the cat's meow.thumb.gifrofl - It's all about the emotion and I see a lot of love in #6. Way to go!!!!
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2008
    Qarik wrote:

Thanks Qarik! Yes, the barn was fantastic. Both my husband and i said we wanted to do our wedding over and have a small wedding in a barn. It is amazing that only a few weeks ago the barn was filled with barn like items. She painted and powerwashed the heck out of it! She also did a great job on decorating with the fabric, trees with lights, etc. Such a personal wedding...

Thanks again! :D
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2008
    Yes, #5 is nice, but #6 is the cat's meow.thumb.gifrofl - It's all about the emotion and I see a lot of love in #6. Way to go!!!!

Thanks Scott!

Being a wedding photographer, as you know, you can tell when a couple is truly in love. They were like that all night! iloveyou.gif
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    Hey Nicole,

Putting Andy to work, eh? Excellent!rolleyes1.gif

#2, I like the overall tone of the photo to make it look antique-ish!
    #3, Is this a wedding and TTD session in one? rolleyes1.gifSomething about the groom's right leg is.... odd.
    #5, I like this one! If this had raining rose petals, ... then clap.gifthumb
    #6, they look so sweet together!

Good stuff!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2008
    Hey Nicole,

Putting Andy to work, eh? Excellent!rolleyes1.gif

#2, I like the overall tone of the photo to make it look antique-ish!
    #3, Is this a wedding and TTD session in one? rolleyes1.gifSomething about the groom's right leg is.... odd.
    #5, I like this one! If this had raining rose petals, ... then clap.gifthumb
    #6, they look so sweet together!

Good stuff!
    Thanks Ted!

Yeh I try to make him feel important! HA! He likes to fiddle around with the camera! Actually, he wouldn't let me stand on any chairs, so i think that i might need to give him credit for number 5. (but just a little).

Actually, she said the same thing about it being a Trash the Dress shoot. Andy and I did a TTD session with a local Albany photographer about a year ago. Super fun!! When Sue (the bride of this wedding) was looking for photographers she came across our pictures on their site and started freaking out that i would actually trash my designer wedding dress. And now look at her frolicking in the rain. HA! rolleyes1.gif

(i will have to see if i have another shot of them where his leg doesn't look so funny....didn't notice that before, but now it is all i see!) ne_nau.gif

Maybe i should photoshop some petals falling from the rafters...JK!
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    I really think #5 would be better with falling rose petals, or those shiny things? Don't know what they are called... confetti!!

But on the shot, on the ground are already confetti or something. I get the impression that they have fallen already.

Still an impressive feat, given that you are due to deliver very shortly!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2008
    I see #2, but besides that, red x's.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2008
    I see the red x too, would love to see the rest
    Jaye
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    bham wrote:
    I see #2, but besides that, red x's.

Ditto. Tried the full URL for the other photos in another browser window and no joy ...
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    I also only see #2. None of the others are displaying.