Options

>VOTE for the DSS #7 (Communication) winning photo!

2»

Comments

• Options
    HumpreyCogayHumpreyCogay Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited September 11, 2008
    Congrats
    richtersl wrote:
    Congrats to all the winners!!!clap.gif

What a nail-biter of a round! :eek1

Congrats to all Top 10 =)..... Great Competition....clap.gif
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited September 12, 2008
    Congrates to PAUL!
    ...And to all the other top five as well as all who made it into the finals. Super work!thumb.gif
  • Options
    LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    Congrats Paul! And Rebecca too for coming soooo close. And to everyone else in this amazing round.
  • Options
    PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am truly honored. That was a cliffhanger! It's weird, because I am competitive and I wanted to win - but this afternoon I found myself wishing that it might just remain a tie (as I attempted to wear a digital hole in the refresh button while updating the voting page).

My congratulations to RebeccaHelm, pemmett, VisualXpressions & LiquidAir! And a huge thank you to all the folks who participate and make dgrin such a warm and welcoming place to experiment, stretch and learn to be a better photographer.

Regarding :.In Touch.: ...I know it's a common experience, but since picking up a dlsr in 2006, photography has changed the way I "see" the world. Somehow words seem inadequate to communicate the joy and pleasure I derive from planning (or not planning), capturing, processing & sharing images. And while all of us here can -and do- indulge our visual passions, my thoughts sometimes drift to those whose reality doesn't include the visual world. With them in mind, I donated a portion of the prize to the Seattle chapter of the Lighthouse for the Blind.

Peace,

-paul
  • Options
    RebeccaHelmRebeccaHelm Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    Thank you everyone!
    Wow! First- a huge congrats to Paul for an amazing shot and a well-earned first! thumb.gif And a big hand to all those who stretched themselves, or learned something from this challenge, for me, that’s the real reward, top ten or not! clap.gif Huge props to the judges- wow you had a challenge on your hands!

Second, thank you so much to everyone for sharing your images and providing me with so much inspiration, this contest was overflowing with incredible photographs. When I signed up I thought, “hey, maybe this will be a good way to learn something new about photography.” Wow- three weeks later and I feel I’ve learned more during this challenge than in the past year! The picture I took was really the result of the amazing eyes and technical knowledge of everyone here- all the great feedback I received, plus inspiration from posted shots, resulted in my final photo submission. Thank you.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to find something weathered/polished :D

(and to all the newbies lurking out there- ENTER! You may bite off all your nails, but it's worth it!)
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    Congrats Paul, well deserved!

Congrats to everyone else as well... and RebeccaHelm... WOW eek7.gif I am so glad you persisted and took people's advice, going back out to shoot again until you got your perfect shot! Rebecca is an example of how unique this board is! and I'm privlaged to be a part of it...

The competition is stiff and just warming up! I have to say, my old Nikon D-100 is getting tired and I sooooo covet the D-300! :D
  • Options
    peterst6906peterst6906 Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    Congrats Paul on the winning entry and the quality of the image you entered. Everything you said in your post above could be echoed by so many of us. This site, this group of people and the DSS itself is great (and your donation is proof of what a good group of people we have here).

To Rebecca, congrats on doing so well with your first entry. I for one am glad you delurked and joined the contest. This competition is getting stronger and stronger and with new additions that have the talent that you have, it helps us all by continually lifting the bar and pushing us higher. Also congrats for the way you developed your idea throughout the round and then finished with your final entry. That's what it's all about.

Regards,

Peter
    It's not my camera's fault, I'm just visually illiterate
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    Congrats to Paul for the well-deserved win, and to all the competitors for another great round. thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    Congratulations, Paul. Interestingly, one the most faithful members of our church, a blind man, died the last week of the challenge. Your image reminds me of him. He translated into brail the entire hymnal we use in church over the years so he could participate on Sunday morning. The translation took up an entire bookshelf in his home office.

Anyway, that was a great capture. Good work!
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • Options
    lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    Congrats Paul and everyone else as well for such an awesome round :)

-- Lisa P.
  • Options
    Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2008
    That was a close one! Fun to watch over the past few days. Congrats to all of you!!!!!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • Options
    shutterbugladyshutterbuglady Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited September 14, 2008
    Congratulations to everyone, but especially to the finalists and Paul! Truly incredible entries all around.

Betsy