Options

Largest File Supported? (Size and Dimensions)

RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
edited September 9, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have recently started stitching together very large panoramic pictures. My questions is, what is the largest file both from a memory and dimension aspect.

Some of my files are approaching 15K to 20K pixels wide. Also, does anyone know what easiest way to get the highest quality file uploaded to ezprints for panoramic prints? They have a limit of 54MB files. They do support TIFF though. If I save a fle that large as a TIFF it ends up being 400MB. At that point to I size down the number of pixels, or drop the quality down?

Just looking to get the best looking panos from ezprints and the largest possible files to smugmug!

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    we allow up to 48 megapixels, and 24 megabytes (if you are a pro) and 12 megabytes if you are standard or power.
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    we allow up to 48 megapixels, and 24 megabytes (if you are a pro) and 12 megabytes if you are standard or power.

Are there limits on the longest side of an image? Like the overall image can be 48MP, but one side can't be longer than 20K, or 30K?

I just did a calculation, and if I had a square image that was 6,900x6,900 it would be close to 48MP. But so is an image that is 2,400x20,000. Or 1,600x30,000. Is there a limit to this, or could I in theory upload an image that was 1,000x48,000?

I just want to get a little clearer of an idea of the limitations!

Thanks Andy!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    no limits on long side afaik.
    total limit is 48megapixels.
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    no limits on long side afaik.
    total limit is 48megapixels.

Ok, thank you Andy! I will test it out and let you know if I run into any other limitations!