praying mantis

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited September 9, 2008 in Holy Macro
My husband was changing his bike tire last night. At some point, a praying mantis decided the tire was a good resting spot. This was shot with a point and shoot on macro function with flash (obviously). In this case, I feel like the p&s flash was a good thing, blacking out the dark driveway in the background.
I think these things are so cool!

368978244_EjRHW-XL.jpg
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    Elaine

Wow! I love this shot. clap.gif & bowdown.gif.
    The flash taking out the background is a major plus IMHO, the whole effect gives the image significantly more impact as far as I am concerned.
    I might have cropped slightly at each side, but that's just personal preference.

Peter
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    My husband was changing his bike tire last night. At some point, a praying mantis decided the tire was a good resting spot. This was shot with a point and shoot on macro function with flash (obviously). In this case, I feel like the p&s flash was a good thing, blacking out the dark driveway in the background.
    I think these things are so cool!

Your hubby wasn't playing "Spin the Mantis On The Wheel" was he? rolleyes1.gif
    They are curious little critters, I like how they always look like they are about to do Kung Foo on you hehehe.

I like the black background ......good shot thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin