Options

Need help for set up...

TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
edited September 10, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
I would like to be able to take photos and have them automatically display on a monitor, so that my partner, client would be able to view as I shoot, perhaps in a separate room, or in the back away from me???....

Would anyone know how to set this up, and what would I need??

Thank You
Donna P.
You're only as good as your next photo....
One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote

Comments

• Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    What you want to do is called tethered shooting. I only know things from the Canon side, but the same is probably true for Nikon. The EOS utility that comes with Canon cameras has this capability. You start the software, and then you connect the camera to the usb port of the computer. You can set the software up different ways so the camera shoots to both the computer and the card, or only the computer. Your partner would see the images as they are taken, and then you could even have Lightroom set up with a watch folder to auto import the new pictures as they arrive at the computer. This way editing could be happening even in the middle of the shoot.

You would probably need to get a long USB extension cable to do this from another room though. There is a wireless solution for transferring JPEG files from the camera to a computer wirelessly, but I'm not sure if it works for RAW or not.
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2008
    Thank you so much for your response, at least now I have some idea on how to proceed.

Peace
    Donna
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    Here is where the wireless card is located at. http://www.eye.fi/products/

As far as I know it does not do RAW, and it is not available in CF. You may be able to use it with an SD-CF adapter, I'm not really sure.

Here is an option for long USB cables. They are not cheap, however. http://industrialcomponent.com/opticis/opm210040.html
  • Options
    edited September 10, 2008
    Your the best, big THANK YOU!!

Peace
    Donna P.