Pouring concrete

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited September 10, 2008 in People
I shot these pictures some days ago under a bright Sun and a clear sky but only today I was able to process them trying to show how harsh the light was.
I was standing on the middle of the iron structure - with working boots - being splashed with drops of concrete from time to time.
I had to keep my distance as I was shooting with the 5D with the 24-70mm.
No damage however on the camera or lens...:thumb
EXIF embedded, just in case you would like to have a look.

On the first photo the vomiting of the concrete from the tube is missing. :cry I do have others to process with it.

One the other, there is a guy behind the main person but I didn't see it in location.:cry
Thank you for watching and ... commenting.:D
1. 369377431_eZpeM-L.jpg
2.369363431_wJ2Af-XL.jpg
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2008
    Wow Antonio.....looks like work to me :D Where were you standing up there? Looks pretty high up.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Matt336Matt336 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    I dislike concrete work on a flat surface, I'm glad I'm not doing it on a slant way up in the air (afraid of heights!).

Even with the harsh lighting conditions, I feel you pulled these off nicely.
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    Swartzy wrote:
    Wow Antonio.....looks like work to me :D Where were you standing up there? Looks pretty high up.

No Swartzy it is not work.
    The young Architect is building her house and the old one went there to shoot this "operation".

I hope tomorrow I can do it again but with other works going on site.
    I was standing on top of another roof, in the middle of another iron struture.:D

It is only some 9 meters hight ! Not that much. I was not near the borders of the slab of course ...mwink.gif

Regards and thank you for commenting.:Dbowdown.gifthumb
    Matt336 wrote:
    I dislike concrete work on a flat surface, I'm glad I'm not doing it on a slant way up in the air (afraid of heights!).

Even with the harsh lighting conditions, I feel you pulled these off nicely.

Thank you for commenting Matt.:D
    If you consult the EXIF you will see that I opened the lens at it's max to get a small - as small as possible - DoF.
    bowdown.gifDthumb.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    No Swartzy it is not work.
    The young Architect is building her house and the old one went there to shoot this "operation".

I hope tomorrow I can do it again but with other works going on site.
    I was standing on top of another roof, in the middle of another iron struture.:D

It is only some 9 meters hight ! Not that much. I was not near the borders of the slab of course ...mwink.gif

Regards and thank you for commenting.:Dbowdown.gifthumb
    Still, a fall from 9m is still going to hurt a bit:D

I think you handled the very strong, contrasty light quite well - amazingly well.

I was wondering about the slanting concrete. I don't know that I've ever seen concrete used for roofing material (if that's what it is being used for here). If so, I'll bet that withstands the weather for a long, long time!
    Still, a fall from 9m is still going to hurt a bit:D
    I think you handled the very strong, contrasty light quite well - amazingly well. I was wondering about the slanting concrete. I don't know that I've ever seen concrete used for roofing material (if that's what it is being used for here). If so, I'll bet that withstands the weather for a long, long time!
    Hurt or kill that depends on what you fall on mwink.gif. No, on a pool for example, it's not that dangerous... depending on the depth indeed...mwink.gif
    Well, better not fall at all. :D
    I was in the middle of the area and there are protections around... sometimes.rolleyes1.gif
    The houses in Portugal are made of concrete and bricks. They last for many many years... My father built a house where my son lives now which is 49 or 50 years old.
    Some works have been done but nothing important. I think the house is going to survive me and my own son...:D

Here I post a last minute photo shot on the same location which I think is interesting. I've just done it. :D
    370033798_xPJ8o-L.jpg

I almost forgot to thank you Scott ! :Dthumb.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    370033798_xPJ8o-S.jpg
    [/CENTER]
    I almost forgot to thank you Scott ! :Dthumb.gif
    And in return - Oh, I really like it. It's simple. It's powerful. OK, I guess that's enough of that:D But, I really do like it.

BTW - I agree. Better to not fall!