Chef Portrait

imonkimonk Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited September 10, 2008 in People
Hi all,

I don't think I've posted in the 'people' forum before but I always enjoy browsing the pics so I thought I'd share this recent portrait from a food shoot I did last weekend. This was taken on the steps of his restaurant as inside was a bit dark, even for my brolly :)

369414233_RVBoW-L.jpg

I should have used a blip of flash to create more catchlights in his eyes I think but I was getting pressed for time by this point.

Any cc appreciated of course but just really sharing this as I was quite pleased with it.

Cheers
Ian

Comments

• ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2008
    Expression, DOF
    I think the composition and depth of field work here well. I am sure he will like it. Your comment about needing some fill would have really made this image pop. The color is a bit flat/subdued. The light is missing from his eyes. Good try.
    imonk wrote:
    Hi all,

I don't think I've posted in the 'people' forum before but I always enjoy browsing the pics so I thought I'd share this recent portrait from a food shoot I did last weekend. This was taken on the steps of his restaurant as inside was a bit dark, even for my brolly :)

369414233_RVBoW-L.jpg

I should have used a blip of flash to create more catchlights in his eyes I think but I was getting pressed for time by this point.

Any cc appreciated of course but just really sharing this as I was quite pleased with it.

Cheers
    Ian
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com