Options

pricing - can I start over?

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited September 11, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I got off to a bad start with my pricing and now I have way too many "previously priced galleries" listed in the bulk tools drop down. Is there a way I can wipe my slate clean, start over with portfolio pricing for everything and then make the necessary changes for a few galleries?

EDIT - also...when you're starting a new gallery and the Quick Pricing drop down menu says "Default," does that mean SmugMug default (no mark-ups at all)? That's a bit confusing to me, because I thought a gallery would just take on Portfolio pricing unless set otherwise, but that drop-down only gives the option for default or matching another gallery's prices. In this case, does "default" actually mean "portfolio?"

EDIT 2 - I think I got my first issue figured out...I went through each gallery that had been priced differently than "Portfolio" and cleared it all out so it would revert to portfolio. Then I reset/updated my portfolio prices. Then I made an unlisted dummy gallery (with one picture that I copied from another gallery) that I called Client Pricing 2008 and set the prices for that gallery. Then I was able to choose all the galleries at once that I wanted to match the Client Pricing 2008.

Allrighty...thought I'd just share what I've done in case someone was interested.

But I still want to know about that Default thing! :)
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• Options
    mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    I got off to a bad start with my pricing and now I have way too many "previously priced galleries" listed in the bulk tools drop down. Is there a way I can wipe my slate clean, start over with portfolio pricing for everything and then make the necessary changes for a few galleries?

EDIT - also...when you're starting a new gallery and the Quick Pricing drop down menu says "Default," does that mean SmugMug default (no mark-ups at all)? That's a bit confusing to me, because I thought a gallery would just take on Portfolio pricing unless set otherwise, but that drop-down only gives the option for default or matching another gallery's prices. In this case, does "default" actually mean "portfolio?"

EDIT 2 - I think I got my first issue figured out...I went through each gallery that had been priced differently than "Portfolio" and cleared it all out so it would revert to portfolio. Then I reset/updated my portfolio prices. Then I made an unlisted dummy gallery (with one picture that I copied from another gallery) that I called Client Pricing 2008 and set the prices for that gallery. Then I was able to choose all the galleries at once that I wanted to match the Client Pricing 2008.

Allrighty...thought I'd just share what I've done in case someone was interested.

But I still want to know about that Default thing! :)

That is interesting to me! I had been trying to think of a way to setup special sale prices and I believe that your idea is the way I shall do it. I'll set up one for the regular price and one (or more) for a sale price. Then I can quickly switch from one to the other. Thanks Elaine!