potential 8 entry...

urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
edited September 15, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
wow, feel like i've been on a challenge vacation....but the bug has bitten again! Some amazing entries last round. Here's a stab at the new one....thoughts and C&C welcome...content, technique, title....

"bedside"
370192021_pimCZ-O.jpg
Canon 5D MkI
50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers

Comments

• RebeccaHelmRebeccaHelm Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited September 11, 2008
    This picture made me smile :) I always lose things this way- set them on the night stand and then at some point in the middle of the night knock them off and down into the oblivion that is the other side of my night stand :)

I love all the intricate little shapes, shadows and spots of refracted light they you see in the earrings. Especially the one on the right- it has some very interesting visual components that make it very aesthetically interesting. I also love your DOF, nice work there. It is a great picture as is, so take my suggestions with a truck load of salt- but here goes. I might try and re-shoot with a close up of the R earring, polishing it up really well before. I'd find a particularly "weathered" portion of your night stand and then go macro. Maybe play with the light as it passes through the gems, see if you can catch a star of light (?), or look for areas of intense shadow and light for drama. In other words- love the content, love the exacution, I'd just zoom in a bit to really fill the frame with the dramatic part of the picture :)

But I'd like to re-emphasise that it's a lovely picture as is. Very minimalistic and peaceful. So ultimatly, what you do will depend on your vision of the shot, and please don't let my blabing get in the way of that :)
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    Very cool. I like it. I'd try to experiment with a 10:4 pano crop.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    Another old timer from LPS... :D with amazing abilities as a first class photographer! clap.gif First off I don't know if you were shooting weathered or polished... The ear rings represent polished and the table looks pretty beat up, or weathered, unless you are going for something more subtle ne_nau.gif other than that... I like the shot, I agree with Pyro about the pano crop... everything else is good... welcome back to the competition! hope you stick around!

Winston
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    Very cool. I like it. I'd try to experiment with a 10:4 pano crop.

15524779-Ti.gif

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2008
    Thanks everyone for your feedback! clap.gifclap
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers