Options

Past few weddings (sorry more than a few pics)

cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
edited September 19, 2008 in Weddings
Sort of caught up at the moment (till Friday) So I figured I'd post the last few weddings. It was kind of tough to pick from several thousand images:eek1

34NS.jpg

65NS.jpg

132NS.jpg

219BWS.jpg

5.294CS.jpg

499NS.jpg

488NS.jpg

470NS.jpg

487NS.jpg

521BWS.jpg

11.559N2S.jpg

568NBWS-1.jpg

592TS.jpg

14.510cropS.jpg

620NS.jpg

IMG_0931NS.jpg

IMG_1011_1CS.jpg

IMG_1054_1BWS.jpg

IMG_1304NS.jpg

IMG_1364DS.jpg

IMG_1461NS.jpg

IMG_1615NS.jpg

IMG_8874NS.jpg

IMG_8930NS.jpg

IMG_8931NS.jpg

IMG_8948NS.jpg

IMG_0021NS.jpg

28.IMG_0057NS.jpg

IMG_0088NS.jpg

IMG_0146N2S.jpg

IMG_0203CS.jpg

IMG_0404NS.jpg

IMG_0212BWS.jpg

IMG_0462S.jpg

IMG_0465NS.jpg

IMG_0242BWS.jpg

IMG_0255BWS.jpg

IMG_0270NS.jpg

IMG_0299NS.jpg

IMG_0535NS.jpg

IMG_0319NS.jpg

IMG_0336NS.jpg

IMG_0325NS.jpg

IMG_0428S.jpg

IMG_0484NS.jpg

IMG_0743S.jpg

IMG_0759NS.jpg

IMG_0763NS.jpg

IMG_0530C2S.jpg

IMG_0536NS.jpg

IMG_0847S.jpg

Please let me know what you think.

Comments

• Options
    erson83erson83 Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2008
    Simply stated: jaw dropping. True professional work plain and simple
  • Options
    jbakerphotojbakerphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    FANTASTIC!!! is all I can say......Good job

39 is the only one I can come with a grip about....It sorta looks like he has 1 leg.....Also not really likeing the treatment.....FWIW

The rest just blow me a way......clap.gif
    40D,Rebel XT,Tamron 17-50 2.8,Tamron 28-80 3.5-5.6, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Canon 580EX , Sunpack 383 w/ optical slave

www.jonbakerphotography.com
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    Beautiful work. How wonderful it is to have a bridal session with no one around in beautiful settings.....at sunset even...with a full moon?...sure would be a switch around here. I love your color processing on some of theses...very elegant. The conversions of the dresses are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    lovely lovely lovely!clap.gif I adore the rings in the shell, absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
  • Options
    lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    These are beautiful. Love the B&W, love the colour. And I really smiled when I saw #43.

Thanks for sharing :)

-- Lisa P.
  • Options
    erson83 wrote:
    Simply stated: jaw dropping. True professional work plain and simple

Thanks I appreciate that!
  • Options
    unclejon wrote:
    FANTASTIC!!! is all I can say......Good job

39 is the only one I can come with a grip about....It sorta looks like he has 1 leg.....Also not really likeing the treatment.....FWIW

The rest just blow me a way......clap.gif

Hey thanks,

#39? from the outside of the church? You dont like the treatment of that one or all of them?
  • Options
    Swartzy wrote:
    Beautiful work. How wonderful it is to have a bridal session with no one around in beautiful settings.....at sunset even...with a full moon?...sure would be a switch around here. I love your color processing on some of theses...very elegant. The conversions of the dresses are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

People were trying to be around, I got rid of themmwink.gif

Ive had some pretty good settings for the last few weddings either at the church, on the way to the reception, or at the reception itself. The first wedding all those shots were pretty much in the rain. the second wedding was on and island, we got lucky and got the formals done fast. A severe thunder storm blew through right after. The sunset shots at the end of the dock were after it cleared up and were just about to jump on the ferry (thats when I caught the moon shot). The last wedding the church was just stunning, and that sunset shot with them I had to beg for to get just before they walked into the reception(they were happy they took the time)

Thanks for looking!
  • Options
    cdonovan wrote:
    lovely lovely lovely!clap.gif I adore the rings in the shell, absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Thats my wife's favorite as well. Thanks!
  • Options
    lisap wrote:
    These are beautiful. Love the B&W, love the colour. And I really smiled when I saw #43.

Thanks for sharing :)

-- Lisa P.

Thank you very much, #43 is the mother of the brides favorite, probably obvious but the flower girl is the brides sister.
  • Options
    jbakerphotojbakerphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    cj99si wrote:
    Hey thanks,

#39? from the outside of the church? You dont like the treatment of that one or all of them?

OOOOPPPPS I like 39 ....I thought it was great....very unique......and very cool.....Think i was going to say good things about it and then got destracted....

I meant 34..Bride going in the church with groom behind her...I just didnt like the treatment on that one only...FWIW.....So sorry....

Treatment on the rest is clap.gif ....
    40D,Rebel XT,Tamron 17-50 2.8,Tamron 28-80 3.5-5.6, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Canon 580EX , Sunpack 383 w/ optical slave

www.jonbakerphotography.com
  • Options
    unclejon wrote:
    OOOOPPPPS I like 39 ....I thought it was great....very unique......and very cool.....Think i was going to say good things about it and then got destracted....

I meant 34..Bride going in the church with groom behind her...I just didnt like the treatment on that one only...FWIW.....So sorry....

Treatment on the rest is clap.gif ....

ahh that makes sense now. Thats the father of the bride, That shot was and accident(waaay over exposed) but I still liked it, It looks better in B&W(the one I meant to post). Thanks for the comments. Feed back is greatthumb.gif. I get distracted pretty easy myself, I should be editing wedding photos, but im on Dgrinne_nau.gif
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    We are hoping my daughter will get married in a couple of years, so I'm absorbing all this wedding photographer stuff as much as I can.

Since we live on the coast and the ocean/beach will probably be a theme, I adore your rings in the shell shot. I applaud the bride's choice of an emerald cut diamond too, Laughing.gif. I'm going to borrow that from you.
  • Options
    jupaladajupalada Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 12, 2008
    Some lovely work there! I'm very impressed...
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    These are all amazing and inspiring! Always love seeing work that makes me want to continue pushing myself to that next level
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    iloveyou.gif Well, I finally sat through all of them loading and what can I say but.... it was worth the wait!!! Great captures! Great moments! Georgious colors and conversions. I am loving all of them, pure and simple. :D
  • Options
    Clickr_GrlClickr_Grl Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited September 13, 2008
    #12 Just WOW!
    #24 Simply Gorgeous and
    #30 what a fun shot! great comp!

Such beautiful articulate work! You should be proud!

You are the type of photographer that someone like me only hopes to be someday. I wish I could find someone like this that would take me on shoots with them. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work!
    iloveyou.gif
    :barb
    I am Mine!
  • Options
    mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2008
    These are just amazing. I was browsing after finishing a wedding myself, just to see the ideas from other people-- and man, do I feel pedestrian after seeing these shots. Really fantastic work! I'll be using your shots for inspiration, that's for certain.
  • Options
    ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2008
    You are soooooo good at this!
  • Options
    jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
    Those are awesome - roughly how much tiem do you spend in post-processing for most of your final pics?
    John in Georgia
    Nikon | Private Photojournalist
  • Options
    Dee wrote:
    We are hoping my daughter will get married in a couple of years, so I'm absorbing all this wedding photographer stuff as much as I can.

Since we live on the coast and the ocean/beach will probably be a theme, I adore your rings in the shell shot. I applaud the bride's choice of an emerald cut diamond too, Laughing.gif. I'm going to borrow that from you.

Borrow all you want:D Thanks!
  • Options
    jupalada wrote:
    Some lovely work there! I'm very impressed...

Thank you very much!
  • Options
    Shima wrote:
    These are all amazing and inspiring! Always love seeing work that makes me want to continue pushing myself to that next level

Thats why I like this site, people on here really push you to do better work. Thanks for that comment!
  • Options
    iloveyou.gif Well, I finally sat through all of them loading and what can I say but.... it was worth the wait!!! Great captures! Great moments! Georgious colors and conversions. I am loving all of them, pure and simple. :D

Nice, Glad you took the time to look! Your not on *dial up* are you:uhoh
  • Options
    Clickr_Grl wrote:
    #12 Just WOW!
    #24 Simply Gorgeous and
    #30 what a fun shot! great comp!

Such beautiful articulate work! You should be proud!

You are the type of photographer that someone like me only hopes to be someday. I wish I could find someone like this that would take me on shoots with them. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work!
    iloveyou.gif

Come on up here to Mainerolleyes1.gif

Thanks im glad you liked them!
  • Options
    mmroden wrote:
    These are just amazing. I was browsing after finishing a wedding myself, just to see the ideas from other people-- and man, do I feel pedestrian after seeing these shots. Really fantastic work! I'll be using your shots for inspiration, that's for certain.

Thanks MM! I checked yours out, those are awesome! I like it when people post shots of the actual wedding!
  • Options
    Arvan wrote:
    You are soooooo good at this!

Glad you liked them Arvan, Thanks!
  • Options
    jhelms wrote:
    Those are awesome - roughly how much tiem do you spend in post-processing for most of your final pics?

Hey John, Ive been thinking about the time I spend lately, and I think for about 200-300+ photos I spend around 20 hrs in PP. maybe 30 or 40 get "Work" , 150-200 just the basics (crop, levels, sharpen, dodge here burn there etc..) and I'm picky so only like 10-20 strait out of the camera(usually reception shots)

This is all in CS3 so I bet I could cut some time off when I get familiar with LR2 (trying to get caught up so I can try it)

This is just PP time though add 5+ hrs to sifting through the junk(theres lotsrolleyes1.gif) and upload time.

I really need a new computer though, this one slows me down a lot (5 year old Dell) so there's a little bit of load and pound the keyboard/slam the mouse time involved:cry

Hope thats what your looking for.
  • Options
    jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
    cj99si wrote:
    Hey John, Ive been thinking about the time I spend lately, and I think for about 200-300+ photos I spend around 20 hrs in PP. maybe 30 or 40 get "Work" , 150-200 just the basics (crop, levels, sharpen, dodge here burn there etc..) and I'm picky so only like 10-20 strait out of the camera(usually reception shots)

This is all in CS3 so I bet I could cut some time off when I get familiar with LR2 (trying to get caught up so I can try it)

This is just PP time though add 5+ hrs to sifting through the junk(theres lotsrolleyes1.gif) and upload time.

I really need a new computer though, this one slows me down a lot (5 year old Dell) so there's a little bit of load and pound the keyboard/slam the mouse time involved:cry

Hope thats what your looking for.

That's exactly what I was looking for! I was hoping it wasn't "pretty much this is what they looked like out of the camera" ne_nau.gif response that I've gotten here and there. But that's about what I was thinking for timeline of everything. thanks!
    John in Georgia
    Nikon | Private Photojournalist
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2008
    this is certainly very inspiring work! Believe it or not #7 is my favorite. That image says a lot to me. It is such a treat to have work like this to look at.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes