wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited September 12, 2008 in Landscapes
799-trail-v2.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2008
    Light is so sweet lovely track. Nice capture. mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    The light is very pretty. And the way it backlights the trees is very nice.

But I find myself wondering what the subject of the photo is. It needs to be something other than "the light was pretty." I think it needs to be simplified so the viewer can know what the subject is a photo of. I don't know though that it would be possible to do it to this image with just a crop.
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    Light is so sweet lovely track. Nice capture. mwink.gif

Thank you Awais
    Anybody can do it.
    CatOne wrote:
    The light is very pretty. And the way it backlights the trees is very nice.

But I find myself wondering what the subject of the photo is. It needs to be something other than "the light was pretty." I think it needs to be simplified so the viewer can know what the subject is a photo of. I don't know though that it would be possible to do it to this image with just a crop.

I'm good with what I have and the way I've presented it, but thanks for your thoughts.
    Anybody can do it.
  • CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    wfeller wrote:
    I'm good with what I have and the way I've presented it, but thanks for your thoughts.

I'm sorry if I offered a critique. If you were looking for a bunch of people to pat you on the back, Awais has done that. So there you go. I was offering criticism that I felt was constructive. The fact is, the photo is not very interesting. It looks like a snapshot taken while walking on a trail. That's nice, but 1000 people with a point and shoot could take that picture.

And thanks for calling me a snippy snit in a private message. I'll refrain from commenting on your photos in the future. But, frankly, you could probably stand some advice.
    CatOne wrote:
    I'm sorry ...

And thank you for expressing your opinion.
    Anybody can do it.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    CatOne wrote:
    I'm sorry if I offered a critique. If you were looking for a bunch of people to pat you on the back, Awais has done that. So there you go. I was offering criticism that I felt was constructive. The fact is, the photo is not very interesting. It looks like a snapshot taken while walking on a trail. That's nice, but 1000 people with a point and shoot could take that picture.

And thanks for calling me a snippy snit in a private message. I'll refrain from commenting on your photos in the future. But, frankly, you could probably stand some advice.
    I agree, the light is awesome but the composition needed more thought, IMO.

Keep shooting, and posting, wfeller - remember, if you put a photo up for folks to see, they're gonna give reactions to it. If you only want "ooh" "ahhh" then you should explicitly state that :)
    Andy wrote:
    I agree, the light is awesome but the composition needed more thought, IMO.

Thanks Andy.

I'm not blowing you off by snipping the rest of your comment. I'm generally fine with what I do or don't get here. It should have all been handled by PM.
    Anybody can do it.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    I can feel the crunch of the pine needles under my feet and I can almost smell the pines. Very nice and real capture.
    edited September 12, 2008
    Eia wrote:
    I can feel the crunch of the pine needles under my feet and I can almost smell the pines. Very nice and real capture.

Thank you Eia. That's all it was- and the late summer air was thick with the vanilla-aroma of Jeffrey pine.
    Anybody can do it.