Jose D.
Canon 40D
EF 28-135 IS USM
Speedlight 580EX II

www.deortaphotography.com

Comments

• heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2008
    I like #1, but wish it were straightened with the signs / quilt / whatever that background thing is. I like the pp you did with the color. Great subject, and very appropriate for today.

#2 isn't really working. There isn't enough context- just some guys back in a heavy jacket. Also, the sun spots in the background and his hair are really distracting. On second thought, perhaps he is praying. (?) But it isn't really coming through with the photo.

Thanks for sharing! I am truly thankful to these men and thier sacrifices to keep us safe, and it is good to remember them and their bravery.
  • JDEORTAJDEORTA Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2008
    I like #1, but wish it were straightened with the signs / quilt / whatever that background thing is. I like the pp you did with the color. Great subject, and very appropriate for today.

#2 isn't really working. There isn't enough context- just some guys back in a heavy jacket. Also, the sun spots in the background and his hair are really distracting. On second thought, perhaps he is praying. (?) But it isn't really coming through with the photo.

Thanks for sharing! I am truly thankful to these men and thier sacrifices to keep us safe, and it is good to remember them and their bravery.

The background was a huge quilt and was being raised at the time I took the photo.

Yeah there's not much context but I liked it because he was praying. The bright light was a light the news station was using.
    Thank you for the input thumb.gif
    Jose D.
    Canon 40D
    EF 28-135 IS USM
    Speedlight 580EX II

www.deortaphotography.com