Pyro (8) Walking On Water

pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
edited September 12, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Title I'm thinking about is "Walking on Water"
WalkingOnWater.jpg

So what do you think about the shot itself, and the thematic connection? Also over processed or no?
pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2008
    "Prayer Factor"....?
    "Power of Prayer"...?
    Walking on Water works great too.

Irregardless....LOVE the shot!
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    It's a really cool image. Maybe a tad over processed--but, I kind of like it that way. I'm missing the theme connection,though--maybe I need some coffee.

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • JzazziJzazzi Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    Neat photo and composition, depth of field and colors. Macro is something I've never tried, but always enjoy.

Not sure about connection to the theme though. I guess you're going for polished, as in the surface of the water, but I don't quite get it.

If the mantis was on something else like a chrome doorknob where you could see his reflection, that might be interesting. Though, difficult to capture I imagine.

-J
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2008
    I think that if you are trying to use the "polished" surface to sell the theme, then it is definately over processed....id that is water. There is a grainy texture nearest the bug that doesn't look like water...doesn't look glossy...or polished. Compositionally, it looks good to me!
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I know the theme doesn't jump out, but it's kinda there. I still have some other ideas i'd like to try so we'll see.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    I love this shot. I can see the theme in it -- water looks like a hard polished surface. But it's being upstaged by that wonderful praying mantis. I think you need to keep shooting. ne_nau.gif