Options

(bad) DEAL: Beware of ebay store...

hichuzhichuz Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited December 23, 2005 in Flea Market
I'm a newbe and trying to find my way around all this stuff. I hope I'm in the right place, if not, maybe you can redirect me. My comment has nothing to do with your flea market (which I intend to use soon), but, has everything to do with saving someone lots of aggrevation with a potential purchase of new equipment. It concerns an Ebay photo equipment store (ya, I know, buyer beware) that holds itself out as being "reputable", but, in my experience, is far from it... although one would never get that message from their Ebay rating. I'll post the name if you indicate it's OK.
RC :thumb

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 29, 2005
    welcome self-proclaimed n00b wave.gif

I split this into its own thread because it isn't feedback. The thread you posted in is only for feedback on sales made here with dgrin users. You were at least in the right forum, but you should have had the guts to post a new thread.

When you get a chance, read this thread: rules/guidelines. In there, I mention that posting nformation like you have about bad shops is totally cool. Just make a new thread and label it "DEAL" (I've done this for you in this case).

Go ahead, post a link to a bad shop. Just give us an objective review of what happened, and folks can make their own decisions.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited April 29, 2005
    I don't think it was a matter of "guts", more a matter of unfamiliarity with the thread system. This is the first time that I've been there and done that.

Anyway, the Ebay vendor in question is "Shop Sunshine"... this is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43456&item=7509907935

To be as brief as possible, my "adventure" with these people involved:

1. Failure to indicate that certain lenses were on backorder
    2. Failure to send equipment as advertized
    3. CSR's that tell you whatever it is that you want to hear
    4. CSR's that outright lie
    5. Failure to ship in a timely fashion

All of the above the result of my ordering the D70 package shown on the link above. Anybody ever hear of a Nikkor lens - Silver Edition? Well, I received a silver 28-80 which I returned for a black one, while waiting for the backordered 70-300... Now I have a black 28-80 and a silver 70-300 because these guys decided to get cute. This vendor is as unethical as they come folks, so BEWARE!
    DoctorIt wrote:
    welcome self-proclaimed n00b wave.gif

I split this into its own thread because it isn't feedback. The thread you posted in is only for feedback on sales made here with dgrin users. You were at least in the right forum, but you should have had the guts to post a new thread.

When you get a chance, read this thread: rules/guidelines. In there, I mention that posting nformation like you have about bad shops is totally cool. Just make a new thread and label it "DEAL" (I've done this for you in this case).

Go ahead, post a link to a bad shop. Just give us an objective review of what happened, and folks can make their own decisions.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2005
    Thanks for the heads-up, hichuz, and for sharing your experience. thumb.gif

And for having the 'guts' to post! lol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2005
    I wouldn't touch them with a 10 pole... Look at the feedback. <99% is less than I'd want to deal with. Thanks for the heads up hichuz!!!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2005
    one of brooklyn's finest
    ahh shopsunshine ...

0094.jpg

you can see more at the brooklyn storefronts page by don wiss

i'm afraid these guys are just another crooklyn scammer outfit.
  • Options
    Eric&amp;SusanEric&amp;Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2005
    It always amazes me that places like this stay in business. How in the heck do they get positive feedback?

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2005
    I'm pretty sure that "geography" has something to do with it. In this case I'm in Oregon, they're in Brooklyn. Knowing this, and knowing the fact that I ordered the package over the phone, they decided that they could play games without any major repercussions. You will note that these people maintain an Ebay "store". This affords the customer the option to order via the internet, or, order via phone. I used the phone route for two reasons: (a) I wanted to ask some questions, and (b) I wanted the "security" of a phone credit card transaction. Well, turns out that this was the wrong way to do it. When you do the transaction over the phone it does NOT show up as an Ebay sale. As such, if things go wrong, you lose the opportunity to give any positive or negative feedback to Ebay. I suspect that in this age of identity theft that a major portion of their sales involve direct telephone transactions, none of which get rated on the Ebay charts. Hey, live and learn.

Eric&Susan wrote:
    It always amazes me that places like this stay in business. How in the heck do they get positive feedback?

Eric
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2005
    andy wrote:
    ahh shopsunshine ...

0094.jpg

you can see more at the brooklyn storefronts page by don wiss

i'm afraid these guys are just another crooklyn scammer outfit.
    Well somebody doin well !! Chk out the two bling, bling's parked in front :D
    Customers or Owners :Dne_nau.gif

Thanks for the info thumb.gif
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2005
    Ladies and Gentlemen if I may have your attention Please!!
    Ladies and Gentlemen if I may have your attention Please!! ..... always check out any internet retailer at::::::: resellarratings.com......link:::: http://www.resellerratings.com/
    Now not everyone in the camera electronics world is listed.....however a good many are.......now hichuz the curmudgeon ....go straight to resellar ratings and give the bastidos your what for ..... let people know.....also if you use ebay they have a customer service dept and also make sure to pay by pay pal....they can force a refund the bastidos that try to screw us over....Ebay it self is very safe and Pay Pal is extremely safe also......been using both for a very very long time.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website