Options

Nude Bodyscape Series Image

BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
edited October 28, 2008 in Go Figure
An image from the first Bodyscape/Light Study series I did. The model named it Moonscape.

370708295_xKZoT-XL.jpg

This forum is a welcome addition. A missing zone of popular photography is now open for sharing. Comments welcome on the image.

Thanks in advance for your feedback, John
Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2008
    Gorgeous! Excellent combination of light and shadows and curves. And I think the title is perfect for this. thumb.gif
  • Options
    ClubFlysClubFlys Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited September 12, 2008
    Very nicely executed! good work!
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments Schmoo and ClubFlys.

...and Kudos to you Schmoo for opening a forum on a genre that's been missing and needed. This will add a new dimension to Digital Grin.

Many thanks, John
    Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    Awesome! bowdown.gif I need to get me one of these pronto! mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    I feel like I'm looking at a human mountain range, love the lighting and the curves of the body you captures.
  • Options
    KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2008
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2008
    This is very nice. Can you describe your lighting set up?
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited September 15, 2008
    I'll try, but there ware so many variations that day that it'll be a bit of a guess. It was either a 2x4 softbox set horizontal or a Tungsten spot about 10 feet from her right shoulder and elevated about 2 feet above her. There was no light on this side but there may have been a gold reflector about five feet from her right foot at 45 degrees at her height...

That's my best guess, but it's pretty close. Hope that helps, John

anwmn1 wrote:
    This is very nice. Can you describe your lighting set up?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 16, 2008
    Brody,

Very captivating and mesmerizing.
    I love the light, the natural flow of the photograph stands out well.
    Great work, I look forward to seeing more of your work!
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2008
    Very nice!
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2008
    John,

I really like this shot. I like the lines, the shades, the overall curviness of the shot.
    Her legs stand out quite a bit, because of the lighting. I can't decide for myself if I think they should be towned down a bit or not. I don't really like the piercing; it seems a distraction from all the nice, soft, lines in this shot.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2008
    Totally nice, and nicely lit~
    tom wise
  • Options
    kejagokejago Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    This image really jumped out and grabbed my attention. I have come back to see it a few times now. The shadows... the curves... the way it pulls in your eye, searching for more. Awesome stuff. thumb.gif This is the sort of picture I hope to be able to take some day. bowdown.gif

Do you have more like this you could share? Would you mind shareing the EXIF? Lens?
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    This forum is a welcome addition. A missing zone of popular photography is now open for sharing.

HERE, HERE~~

ciao~~tom
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited September 27, 2008
    Thanks Kejago for your kind words - To save you the trouble of coming back to the image, send me a PM with your email and screen resolution and I'll send you a custom cropped wallpaper thumb.gif

And thanks everyone for the feedback - Very much appreciated
    kejago wrote:
    This image really jumped out and grabbed my attention. I have come back to see it a few times now. The shadows... the curves... the way it pulls in your eye, searching for more. Awesome stuff. thumb.gif This is the sort of picture I hope to be able to take some day. bowdown.gif

Do you have more like this you could share? Would you mind shareing the EXIF? Lens?
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    Wow, great lighting.

I had tried a similar shot several years ago (16? maybe??) in a photography class... it was my first shot with a model (well, one that I wasn't sharing with the entire class) and it just didn't work out. I think I still have the one print I kept from that experiment around here somewhere... odd, I hadn't thought about it in a long time, but as soon as I saw your shot, and picked my jaw back up off the table, it reminded me of it.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    This is fantastic! What a prefect angle for her body type. The lighting makes the shadows so well placed!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    DerweissehaiDerweissehai Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    I agree. Very well done. Excellent lighting and use of shadows.
    7D/40D/XTi/G10/EOS630/50MM 1.8/430/580x2/18-55/28-135/PWx2/Sekonic LM/Tam. 70-200 2.8
    Model Site/Portrait Site/Flcikr/MM

Adam