jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
edited September 12, 2008 in Landscapes
371046238_oCUkt-L.jpg
More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
Jeff Meyers

Comments

• swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2008
    Wow, what a fascinating shot. This shot becomes about NYC and the bridge together. Very interesting.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    Unique image ! interesting POV
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • saltydogsaltydog Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    Wow! Now THAT's what I'd call visual creativity. I've seen hundreds of shots of this bridge, walked across it and took some myself many many times - yet they all look somewhat alike.

Congrats for bringing a brand new perspective to an old subject clap.gif!
    all that we see or seem
    is but a dream within a dream
    - Edgar Allan Poe

http://www.saltydogphotography.com
    http://saltydogphotography.blogspot.com
  • Blaze Z BlazeBlaze Z Blaze Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    that picture is pretty sweet. did you climb out and over the bridge to shoot it? It doenst look like you are on the walkway with the common folkrolleyes1.gif. Great shot and I love the processing (?), very unique and appealing.
  • cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    Awsome! Im staying at the end of the bridge for a week at the end of the month. this shots makes me look forward to it even more!

Really cool perspectivethumb.gif
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    that picture is pretty sweet. did you climb out and over the bridge to shoot it? It doenst look like you are on the walkway with the common folkrolleyes1.gif. Great shot and I love the processing (?), very unique and appealing.

No crawling necessary. Remember, there's a larger platform in the middle of the bridge that juts out a bit over the road. No acrobatics necessary. :whew

Thanks for the kind words about the image, everyone!
    Jeff Meyers
  • IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    This is a really great shot. Have you used a tiny bit of HDR there? It looks almost like you've shot the side of a building with mirrored glass because there's a really cool reflective feel to this image.

Also, were you shooting at a really really wide angle? 8mm or something because this kinda looks fisheye :)

Very cool shot.
  • CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    Whoa. Big time HDR, but you know, it really works. I like the perspective, I like the treatment... it's very different, and not at all what I expected.

In a good way mwink.gif

It's a _little_ lopsided in that with the distortion and the bright sun in the upper left corner, I'm drawn to the upper left corner and get wedged there. That could be the point though... depends on what you were going for, and perhaps if you couldn't get any further out in the middle of the bridge :D
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    CatOne wrote:
    Whoa. Big time HDR, but you know, it really works. I like the perspective, I like the treatment... it's very different, and not at all what I expected.

In a good way mwink.gif

It's a _little_ lopsided in that with the distortion and the bright sun in the upper left corner, I'm drawn to the upper left corner and get wedged there. That could be the point though... depends on what you were going for, and perhaps if you couldn't get any further out in the middle of the bridge :D

Oh yeah, it's heavily processed. Not HDR, but something similar. The shot itself was a dud out of the camera, but I saw some promise in the details so I pushed it. I agree about the upper left hand corner. I wish I could change it, but, alas, it's all I have. Not a perfect, prize-winning shot, to be sure. Just fun.
    Jeff Meyers