Challenge 8 -need some opinions-

Blaze Z BlazeBlaze Z Blaze Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
edited September 13, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
"Gitty Up" or "Polished once a day, driven once a month"

HDR2CR.jpg

Help me out with this one. I was told to step it up in the competitions. Does this have what it takes? What would, could make it better? Keep the car concept or ditch it all together?

I was also toying with the idea of:

"Chrome adds 20 Horse Power, Polished Chrome adds 25"

M22.jpg

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 12, 2008
    I like both ideas really.

The car seems to warrant a different back ground, not sure what it is but it takes away from the polished look of the car, maybe the color of brick or something, not sure though, i just can't put my finger on it.

the rim idea is excellent, but make sure you clean them up really well. it looks like brake dust or something in the lower lug wells.

I think your on the right track though, maybe experiment with a different back drop for the car.

Good luck
  • Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    I like the idea and would stick with it. This is one of the first ideas I thought of. We have an impromtu car show every Saturday when it is nice just up the road from my home.

Both images work well and with that subject you will have a lot of choices, I agree the backgroung could be better on the full car image.

regards,

P
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    barrotj wrote:
    I like both ideas really.

The car seems to warrant a different back ground, not sure what it is but it takes away from the polished look of the car, maybe the color of brick or something, not sure though, i just can't put my finger on it.

the rim idea is excellent, but make sure you clean them up really well. it looks like brake dust or something in the lower lug wells.

I think your on the right track though, maybe experiment with a different back drop for the car.

Good luck

15524779-Ti.gif

See if you can find a field or something during sunset (classic car shot)
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    And be aware of what's in the reflection! Great idea!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Blaze Z BlazeBlaze Z Blaze Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited September 13, 2008
    thank you all for your replies. I am going to try and get another re-shoot with this car hopefully before the contest is over. I totally know what you mean about the background, but the guy I shot this for wanted that as a background as it is where is father worked before he passed and left him the car. Thanks again, and yes the reflection! (i had a bright red sweatshirt on that day and showed up in a few)