Challenge 37

samandsophiesamandsophie Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited April 29, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
2082527620825276-M.jpg

Well, I've never entered this before and am a newbie, but I thought I'd post this to see what people thought of it.

There is lots of repetition in this...the buildings both sides, the rails and water, and the light posts in the back.

What do ya'll think?

thanks

Comments

• digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2005
    For me, this picture doesn't draw me to any particular place in the photo, nothing really pops.

Looking at the urban area you photographed, I would say there could be some potential for strong repetition of the windows on the building on the left. Although this photo has lots of angles and lines, it needs a little more focus or main theme.

I took a look at your smugmug site and you do have other creative pictures that again have potential for this challenge.

The only other thing I should point out is that your photos for any challenge need to be taken within the 2 week challenge period. I believe this photo was from April 2.

Since this is your home town, you should be able to go out and get "fresh" material.thumb.gif

Good luck and welcome to the dgrin challenges,

Regards,
    Brad
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 29, 2005
    Sam:

I see it, I like it!

However, you'll run into opposition on this one (general composition aside). I think everyone is interpreting this challenge to mean a singular element in the photograph.

I too posted a cityscape that had repititions of "3" but no one saw them as I did.
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Sam:

I see it, I like it!

However, you'll run into opposition on this one (general composition aside). I think everyone is interpreting this challenge to mean a singular element in the photograph.

I too posted a cityscape that had repititions of "3" but no one saw them as I did.
    I agree. I think the pattern has to be "The Thing", the point of the picture.
    Take a good close up of something. There's still time.:D
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog