** post your exif, shot date at a minumum!!!!!!!! ***

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited March 11, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
i just deleted three entries, due to no exif. they may repost with the required info (shot date, at a minimum) until may 2nd noon est.

:deal

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2005
    Dont mess with him guys....he's a trained killer.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Dont mess with him guys....he's a trained killer.
    'zat you?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2005
    'zlok like me ?
  • willow56willow56 Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    andy wrote:
    i just deleted three entries, due to no exif. they may repost with the required info (shot date, at a minimum) until may 2nd noon est.

deal.gif
    clap.gifhow do you enter photos for critique and discussion? i think i was on here before cause the format looks familiar but it allowed me to register so maybe not..headscratch.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    willow56 wrote:
    clap.gifhow do you enter photos for critique and discussion? i think i was on here before cause the format looks familiar but it allowed me to register so maybe not..headscratch.gif

willow, start here to learn how to embed photos. then, simply start a new thread in the appropriate forum in "shots" from the front page :D
    edited May 7, 2005
    fellin' stupid
    willow56 wrote:
    what's an exif. ? and how do you enter you'r photo for the challenge?ne_nau.gif
    edited May 7, 2005
    can't even spell today
    willow56 wrote:
    what's an exif. ? and how do you enter you'r photo for the challenge?ne_nau.gif
    also forgot to thank you for your quick reply.. my mother really raised me better than that.. so, thank you, i managed to upload some pics..
  • Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    Exif Problem...
    My Exif info doesn't show up in Photoshop. I think my Windows based downloader muddles it up because it renames my files as they download. How do I save (or find) the exif info? Do I need another program?~Nee
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
    edited May 22, 2005
    Nee7x7 wrote:
    My Exif info doesn't show up in Photoshop. I think my Windows based downloader muddles it up because it renames my files as they download. How do I save (or find) the exif info? Do I need another program?~Nee

when you are editing a photo in photoshop, be sure to choose "save as" and NOT "save for web" when saving the file. save for web strips out exif.

exif should remain intact as you move files from memory stick or cf to your computer. only ps or similar prog normally can have the potential to strip exif...

clear as mud?
  • Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    Will Do...
    andy wrote:
    when you are editing a photo in photoshop, be sure to choose "save as" and NOT "save for web" when saving the file. save for web strips out exif.

exif should remain intact as you move files from memory stick or cf to your computer. only ps or similar prog normally can have the potential to strip exif...

clear as mud?
    I usually use "Save for web", so I'll change that part of my workflow pronto. Thanks for the info, Andy...maybe now I can enter one of these challenges again, eh? rolleyes1.gif
    ~Nee rolleyes1.gif
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
    edited May 22, 2005
    Nee7x7 wrote:
    I usually use "Save for web", so I'll change that part of my workflow pronto. Thanks for the info, Andy...maybe now I can enter one of these challenges again, eh? rolleyes1.gif
    ~Nee rolleyes1.gif

yep - try "save as" and if you're concerned about filesize, don't be... upload whatever size you've got then link a -L (large) size from smugmug :D
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2005
    For exif data, I don't want to add more to my entry. I do not like a lot of exif stuff cluttering up my photo, it distracts me in others photos.

Have you already posted how to click on the photo to get exif data....obviously I know how to do that. But I don't know how to let people click on mine. That would be an acceptable solution for me. Otherwise, and until then, I will continue to just post the date.

Also, for those of you who post big red letters: YIKEs, I can't pay attention to the photo for the big red letters. or big exif, etc.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
    edited May 31, 2005
    ginger, it's all right here, in the dgrin support forum

deal.gif

ginger_55 wrote:
    For exif data, I don't want to add more to my entry. I do not like a lot of exif stuff cluttering up my photo, it distracts me in others photos.

Have you already posted how to click on the photo to get exif data....obviously I know how to do that. But I don't know how to let people click on mine. That would be an acceptable solution for me. Otherwise, and until then, I will continue to just post the date.

Also, for those of you who post big red letters: YIKEs, I can't pay attention to the photo for the big red letters. or big exif, etc.

ginger
  • NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2005
    Hi Andy, I know PaintshopPro 7 erases exif. I bought 8 and 9 and the exif is saved with the photo is saved in the 'Save as', also, as you said. But not PSP7.

andy wrote:

clear as mud?
    edited June 2, 2005
    Netgarden wrote:
    Hi Andy, I know PaintshopPro 7 erases exif. I bought 8 and 9 and the exif is saved with the photo is saved in the 'Save as', also, as you said. But not PSP7.

cool. it's also okay just to simply type in the date into your post :D
    edited July 26, 2005
    bump
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    You can also see your Exif information by right clicking on your image file on the computer (PC), by: Right clicking on the file, click on the tab named "Summary", Clicking the button titled "Advanced". It should list all the information you need.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited March 5, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    You can also see your Exif information by right clicking on your image file on the computer (PC), by: Right clicking on the file, click on the tab named "Summary", Clicking the button titled "Advanced". It should list all the information you need.

That's not true in the case of my version of XP SP2. There is no Summary listed. Nor is there an Advanced.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Oh wow, I dont know why that is. I'm assuming since you have the latest version of XP, it should work headscratch.gif. I have XP SP1 and it works for me. But, what you can also do if that doesn't work is open your image in Adobe PS (I have CS1), click 'File', then click 'File Info' (alt + ctrl + i), Click any of the tabs that say 'Camera Data' or click on 'Advanced', double-click on EXIF Properties, and that should also show your Exif information.

I hope that works otherwise I don't know another way in doing it. ne_nau.gif
  • aphoto4youaphoto4you Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2006
    Hello Andy
    Hello Andy
    That is name of my son...lol cuteiloveyou.gif hehhehehehhe
    Now on a business topic...I am new here and looooooooooooooove this site...but like everything else it takes time to learn.....i am inpatient...lol
    I uploaded in a wrong place my photo ....and now i am sorry...
    How do i supply exif with a photo? I dont seem to find information...dumb blonde herene_nau.gif

Hheheheehhe
    Your help would be sooooooooooooooo apprciated
    thanks
    :rofl Ask Questions and dont question Answers
    edited March 10, 2006
    aphoto4you wrote:
    Hello Andy
    That is name of my son...lol cuteiloveyou.gif hehhehehehhe
    Now on a business topic...I am new here and looooooooooooooove this site...but like everything else it takes time to learn.....i am inpatient...lol
    I uploaded in a wrong place my photo ....and now i am sorry...
    How do i supply exif with a photo? I dont seem to find information...dumb blonde herene_nau.gif

Hheheheehhe
    Your help would be sooooooooooooooo apprciated
    thanks

wave.gif Hi, read the challenge rules thread, and the current challenge 60 thread. You post your entry right in the challenge 60 thread, as a reply. If you can't post the exif, that's ok - just type in the date shot, as I explain in this thread :) good luck!
    edited March 10, 2006
    thank u Andy......
    Thank u Andy for reply....
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmrolleyes1.gif
    I guess i am lost...is okay.....i wont post till i master all of this....i am not sure i understand thread 60.....hmmmmmmheadscratch.gif

But thank u so kindly
    edited March 10, 2006
    aphoto4you wrote:
    Thank u Andy for reply....
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmrolleyes1.gif
    I guess i am lost...is okay.....i wont post till i master all of this....i am not sure i understand thread 60.....hmmmmmmheadscratch.gif

But thank u so kindly

If you are trying to enter the Photo Challenge, here's the thread where you do that:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=29455
    edited March 10, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    If you are trying to enter the Photo Challenge, here's the thread where you do that:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=29455

Thank u Andy great help....sowwy dont have a food...but i will keep an eye for next theme...:cry u all are very helpful....thank u
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2006
    aphoto4you wrote:
    Thank u Andy great help....sowwy dont have a food...but i will keep an eye for next theme...:cry u all are very helpful....thank u
    no food?headscratch.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• MesaManMesaMan Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2006
    Take a picture of an empty plate smeared in something, as though it's been eaten. :D

Just cause it's "FOOD" doesn't necessarily have to be OF food, so long as the pic says food.
    Those who are possessed by nothing possess everything.
    ~Morihei Ueshiba~
    [SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2006
    David_S85 wrote:
    That's not true in the case of my version of XP SP2. There is no Summary listed. Nor is there an Advanced.
    Mr Peas skipped a step, maybe that's what's messing you up. Right click the image, choose properties, then go summary, advanced.