Chinese Yangzee River delta shot from 100 miles up...

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited September 16, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
well, really, it's a Florida coastal mud-flat shot from about 20 feet up.

371185591_VtdKq-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2008
    Howdy Tom,

My you have a "Vivid" imagination

Well thought up!!! and executed!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2008
    Hi Craig,

This scene reminded me of those shots you see from satellites when they fly over river basin areas. This mud-flat you see is something I cross when walking on my pier toward the navigable-water dock at the end. At high tide, there's 4 feet of water covering the flat.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2008
    Surprised me rolleyes1.gif Love the color of the water.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    That is the God-awfullest mud I've ever seen Tom. Looks more like a toxic waste site waiting for Super-Fund cleanup. :D

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    Hey Jack,

Well, you pretty well pegged it right. That's the real color of the stuff. Only myself and a few of my neighbors have this color of mud in front of their places...the rest of it along our stretch of land is more of the darker brown looking stuff.

I fell off the pier and into this crap last year. I sunk into it about 1 1/2 to 2 feet. I couldn't climb out onto the pier ( too high ) and had to make my way through about 60 feet of it to reach shore. I went straight to my outside shower and spent a good 10 - 15 minutes getting clean. It doesn't particularly stink....other than having a typical marsh odor...but, by God, it clings to you like super glue. I didn't even try to clean my clothes...threw them all out.
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2008
    Were there any mutants around? lol3.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/