Options

The Duncan family

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited September 15, 2008 in People
We met at Deming Park in Terre Haute, Indiana. The rain thankfully held off, but it was SO humid. The kids did really well though. By the time we finished, though, they were ready to be done.
All of their children are so photogenic. There are six children and the baby is actually featured in my banner on my blog and website. Look at how big little “N” has gotten. I’ve only edited a few of the photographs and I am going to have a hard time choosing which ones to feature here. Towards the end of the session we found a tree that I think had hedgeapples? I could be wrong on what these are, so if I am please let me know.
371875583_NW4qp-L.jpg
371901630_qUoSC-L.jpg
371876119_FxQAC-L.jpg
371903825_YBJLL-L.jpg
371913715_CrinY-L.jpg
371905583_m6nyo-L.jpg
372137708_EMuJJ-L.jpg
372136446_kc89e-L.jpg
372137295_3eUMH-L.jpg
372138798_T7Vdu-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2008
    Cute, #2 is a little soft. Girls are adorable. I know Duncan family around here too :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    I really like the second to last photo, very cute iloveyou.gif

As for the back lighting. I usually do like the effect, but I think in this case the parents should have un-fuzzed their kids hair ... it looks a bit too "messy" to meheadscratch.gif

As for the last pics, I really like it, looks casual, and everybody looks comfortable / happy. Just just burned dad's forehead a bit, but that should be an easy fix in PS. The only thing (and that might be just me!!), I don't like when people are wearing red for their portraits. I somehow don't like the gray version of it and I think most of the times it just looks a bit too flat. But I DO like the fact that they're not just wearing PLAIN red, and that they mixed it up a bit, I think it works much better this way (many families would have gone with the "partner look" and chosen two plain colors for all)

Oh my I just realized ... they have 6 kids??? WOW!!! eek7.gif

thumb.gif
  • Options
    RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    Hi Julie, 7 is my favorite. WOW 6 kids....god love'em. I just found out a few days ago that #3 is on the way for me clap.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • Options
    JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    Agnieszka wrote:
    I really like the second to last photo, very cute iloveyou.gif

As for the back lighting. I usually do like the effect, but I think in this case the parents should have un-fuzzed their kids hair ... it looks a bit too "messy" to meheadscratch.gif

As for the last pics, I really like it, looks casual, and everybody looks comfortable / happy. Just just burned dad's forehead a bit, but that should be an easy fix in PS. The only thing (and that might be just me!!), I don't like when people are wearing red for their portraits. I somehow don't like the gray version of it and I think most of the times it just looks a bit too flat. But I DO like the fact that they're not just wearing PLAIN red, and that they mixed it up a bit, I think it works much better this way (many families would have gone with the "partner look" and chosen two plain colors for all)

Oh my I just realized ... they have 6 kids??? WOW!!! eek7.gif

thumb.gif

Thanks to both of you for your responses. The mom loves longer hair on boys, that is why (expect for the baby, obviously) the boys have longer hair. I did notice how the sunlight highlighted the wild hair, but seriously, anything else with their hair would have been completely un-natural. His hair is always that way. ;o)

I didn't notice until I edited the family pic that the dad is the only one with sunlight on his face. When I saw that I was like, "ah rats!!!" This was a fun group and she and her husband already love what they see. I'm so glad they love it.
  • Options
    GP ImagesGP Images Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2008
    Thanks to both of you for your responses. The mom loves longer hair on boys, that is why (expect for the baby, obviously) the boys have longer hair. I did notice how the sunlight highlighted the wild hair, but seriously, anything else with their hair would have been completely un-natural. His hair is always that way. ;o)

I didn't notice until I edited the family pic that the dad is the only one with sunlight on his face. When I saw that I was like, "ah rats!!!" This was a fun group and she and her husband already love what they see. I'm so glad they love it.
    eek7.gif I had to go back and look closely again, my first reaction was "I guess they finally got a boy"

Great pics....you did an awesome job!