New idea for #8

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited September 16, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Because apparently this is like potato chips, and you can't have just one...;)

This is a starting point - I want to try again and fix some of the things I don't like, but... Thoughts? Worth pursuing?

IMG_0237c_filtered.jpg

Comments

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2008
    that is a really good shot.
    but this is like you say...another potato chip...
    dont be surprised if it has no wow factor to the judges...

i myself feel like my entry also may be lacking in wow..so who am i to say.....but it the risks we take eh...?

i think you are new to lps /dss? if so fyi the piano has been done again and again...
    Aaron Nelson
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2008
    that is a really good shot.
    but this is like you say...another potato chip...
    dont be surprised if it has no wow factor to the judges...

i myself feel like my entry also may be lacking in wow..so who am i to say.....but it the risks we take eh...?

i think you are new to lps /dss? if so fyi the piano has been done again and again...

Thanks for the comment - I'm encouraged that the picture is solid enough that you jumped straight to comment on "wow factor" instead of more basics! I'm only in this thing because certain people (you know who you are!) were ::ahem:: so persuasive that they prodded me into the arena from the sidelines, so it's definitely a "training round" for me with no expectations of any kind - I'll definitely be happy if I can manage sharp, relatively well lit and not actually laugh-out-loud embarassing!

That said, yes, it is a bit banal - I did kind of wonder if it was "just another piano picture" - I figured there have been zillions of them before! I may continue to play around with it anyway; good practice for me, if nothing else :):):)

Thanks!
  • achambersachambers Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    certain people (you know who you are!) were ::ahem:: so persuasive that they prodded me into the arena from the sidelines

Who around here would do that?headscratch.gif
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

"The point in life isn't to arrive at our final destination well preserved and in pristine condition, but rather to slide in sideways yelling.....Holy cow, what a ride."