Bruce, Freezing

ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
edited April 30, 2005 in People
My friend and his d100.

20842419-M.jpg

He was freezing, he lives down in Sarasota, fl. :):
"bruce, you want a thicker coat?" "nah, I'll be alright...." (through chattering teeth.....):rofl

Not exactly a traditional portriat, as portriats go, but as most of us will testify, those of us who shoot are usually more comfortable with a camera up to our face. I haven't ever been able to get a shot of him without him putting on his "picture" face. This is him in a natural element, which I've never got through a lens before.
"There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited April 29, 2005
    My friend and his d100.

He was freezing, he lives down in Sarasota, fl. :):
    "bruce, you want a thicker coat?" "nah, I'll be alright...." (through chattering teeth.....)rolleyes1.gif

Not exactly a traditional portriat, as portriats go, but as most of us will testify, those of us who shoot are usually more comfortable with a camera up to our face. I haven't ever been able to get a shot of him without him putting on his "picture" face. This is him in a natural element, which I've never got through a lens before.
    I have never been as cold as the night I got off the plane in R/D NC.
    Man, it was cold.

Nice shot too. A working portrait :D

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    I have never been as cold as the night I got off the plane in R/D NC.
    Man, it was cold.

Nice shot too. A working portrait :D

Ian
    thanks.

It was deffinately cold, something near 30 with a blistering windchill. We were at Newfound Gap, on 441 on the way to Gatlinburg. Roughly 5000 ft. The scary thing is this was taken last weekend! It's not supposed to do that here in the last weekend of April.....headscratch.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited April 29, 2005
    thanks.

It was deffinately cold, something near 30 with a blistering windchill. We were at Newfound Gap, on 441 on the way to Gatlinburg. Roughly 5000 ft. The scary thing is this was taken last weekend! It's not supposed to do that here in the last weekend of April.....headscratch.gif
    Oh my. I will have to check my calendar and make sure I have no NC
    trips until it warms up :D

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2005
    Man, this week has been record HIGHS here in AK. It's not supposed to do THAT in April either. Nice shot, I definitely like it. These caught-in-action shots are a lot of fun. My only regret is that I can't see a little more of his face. :):
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com