Grain Elevators

aguntheragunther Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
edited September 14, 2008 in Landscapes
I sort of like this, but I have my doubts about the composition (lots of sky). I'd love to hear some thoughts on this:
three-grain-elevators.jpg
(from my Boise Gallery)

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2008
    I like this alot! ....however, I think you meant to say "G-r-a-i-n" elevators. :D
  • aguntheragunther Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    Idlewild wrote:
    I like this alot! ....however, I think you meant to say "G-r-a-i-n" elevators. :D

Yeah, and I really wanted to post it to the whipping post section. Not sure what happened. Coffee didn't work this morning ne_nau.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    agunther wrote:
    Yeah, and I really wanted to post it to the whipping post section. Not sure what happened. Coffee didn't work this morning ne_nau.gif

Actually, I moved it to Landscapes. Special rules apply in the Whipping Post The WP is for shots that you are totally happy with, which didn't seem to be the case. I fixed the title, though. :D

I like this shot. The color and composition are good. I especially like proportions of sky, buildings and grass, but think you need to lower the brightness of the sky to bring out some more detail there and maybe add hint of storm menace.
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    keep the sky..It does the shot!
  • aguntheragunther Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    Richard wrote:
    Actually, I moved it to Landscapes. Special rules apply in the Whipping Post The WP is for shots that you are totally happy with, which didn't seem to be the case. I fixed the title, though. :D

I like this shot. The color and composition are good. I especially like proportions of sky, buildings and grass, but think you need to lower the brightness of the sky to bring out some more detail there and maybe add hint of storm menace.

Ah. So I am not losing my mind wings.gif I always considered the whipping post as something to learn from.
    Thanks for fixing the title and thank you very much for your opinion. I enjoy constructive feedback.