Options

The watch factory in spring

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited May 3, 2005 in Landscapes
Ginger says I have to get this shot in four seasons. I already have fall and winter, so here's spring:

20842723-L.jpg
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2005
    Very nice. The lighting and reflection make a great atmosphere.thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited April 29, 2005
    Love that reflection. clap.gif Reminds me of a castle behind a lake.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2005
    Super cool shot.thumb.gifthumb.gif This reminds me of the British paliament ( I hope I have the name correct) reflection photos. I hope that you don't mind a suggestion tho'. :D I do have the impression that cropping off some of the top and the bottom to make the image a panorama type of view would bring the emphasis on to the building a lot more because, the surrounding other stuff takes the eye away from the building and its reflection. I'm thinking this way since this past week I entered a very big photo contest and lost points :cry because of something that distracted the judge's eye away from the visual point of interest.:uhoh

Susan
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    Thanks for letting me know this photo was here, Rutt. It is gorgeous, as usual. I love the colors in the sky.

I do like panoramas that I see on the net, however they are still new to me, and this time honored "size" is not as jarring in a photograph, to me.

In a panorama, I still tend to see the panorama. Not that I don't need to try one sometime. But I do love this shot as is. I would hate to lose the color, or as you would say a "pixel".

The sharpening is superb, as one might expect, since it is the local expert, here, but I had forgotten swiftly, how nice a well sharpened photo with a great DOF can look.

love it, sounds lame.

I think it is going to be a great series. Can't wait to see the summer shot with the greenery blocking all views, smile.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    NHBubbaNHBubba Registered Users Posts: 342 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    Outstanding shot, just as the others are!

Although it doesn't quite scream 'spring' to me. I think I remember you saying this is in Waltham. If it's anything like spring has been here in Southern NH I'm betting things aren't quite fully under way yet. Any chance you can get back out to that spot again as we see some more green? I think that would add a lot. Looks like the trees and bushes in the foreground are still shy of budding.

The trees in my area have just started to bud. Some of the flowering trees are blooming as well. Defite marks of spring..
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    Love everything about this capturethumb.gif
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    This scene is just lovely to look at. Can't wait 'till summer!

AJ
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 3, 2005
    Rutt - I remember your earlier versions and this only adds to the package. It's very nice indeed. I might like to see a little more evidence of spring but still beautiful.