Options

18+ Nudes and Bodyscapes

ClubFlysClubFlys Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
edited September 29, 2008 in Go Figure
So I have been trying my hand at some artistic nudes and would like some feedback if possible.

Thanks in advance!

358588269_sc5xs-S.jpg

366355960_LHDj4-S.jpg

358577228_VG7au-S.jpg

362625486_bJecH-S.jpg

And a couple of a nude couple...

318269271_gnZX4-S.jpg

318267642_jkskt-S.jpg

I don't know if is just me but I really like black and white for these type of shots.

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited September 16, 2008
    I changed the title for you...for some peculiar reason, only mods can do that. ne_nau.gif

I think you need to work on the composition and lighting some. The best bodyscapes have simple but flowing lines that guide the viewer's eye through the image. While interesting, these shots don't have that quality. I agree that B&W is well suited for this, partly because without color, line becomes even more important.
  • Options
    Richard wrote:
    I changed the title for you...for some peculiar reason, only mods can do that. ne_nau.gif

I think you need to work on the composition and lighting some. The best bodyscapes have simple but flowing lines that guide the viewer's eye through the image. While interesting, these shots don't have that quality. I agree that B&W is well suited for this, partly because without color, line becomes even more important.
    Thank you. I appreciate the criticism a lot. I have been photographing for a little over two years now and mostly do nightlife work. Creating images like this is definitely a new realm for me.?

I hope to gain a better understanding and better my quality.

On a positive note.. I managed to make a sale on a few of the above images two days ago. Yay!
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    I think 3 and 6 are the strongest shots. I am sure t hey really liked 6- comes across as a very intimate moment. thumb.gif

The others are hard to make out what they are.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited September 25, 2008
    Thank you! I definitely appreciate the feedback.

A lot of people have expressed that #6 is one of their top Favs. Some even say that it belongs on a cover of a novel or something. :)

Thank you!
  • Options
    billtaichibilltaichi Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    Pretty good
    I like #3 and #6 as well, I also think the one with the chain could really be good, but the lines just aren't quite there for me. Maybe a little more light or different angle?
    Remember wherever you go, there you are.
  • Options
    WinemanWineman Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    Hi,

The first is good, the light in my opinion is too hard, the idea s great, but the light doesn't really help the model, too burnt on some parts and too grey on others, there should be a balance but here its not shown. Its eider too white or dark grey. I don't know if It makes sense.

The second one... it just doesn't work, the angle, the light, just no...

The third, now we are getting somewhere... this I like a lot, specially the light... but the composition could be better, there is just too much dark on the corner that its distracting...

Fourth, the best in my opinion. This one I love, this is a great image. The shadows are very interesting... clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

The fifth... no... just too complicated a position.ne_nau.gif

the last, great light, composition could be better, but like someone mentioned, could be a cover of a novel.

Z.
    I do not suffer insanity... I enjoy it!!!
  • Options
    edited September 29, 2008
    Thank you very much! Your feedback is Greatly Appreciated. I take it all very constructive!

I must say... with such good feedback, things that I didn't notice before are brought to my attention and I now know what to look for with future captures.

Thank you!