Options

Making Ordering Easier

Bob MorrisonBob Morrison Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited May 1, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I've been receiving complaints about my pro site from potential customers that ordering prints is too complicated. While I know that reducing the choices on my pro site could reduce the complexity, I would also like to keep available a variety of choices to my customers.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a help reference on ordering I could use as a link on my page or refer them to? Has anyone written a simplified ordering guide?

<<<Bob>>>

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2005
    Which part of ordering is difficult?
    I've been receiving complaints about my pro site from potential customers that ordering prints is too complicated. While I know that reducing the choices on my pro site could reduce the complexity, I would also like to keep available a variety of choices to my customers.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a help reference on ordering I could use as a link on my page or refer them to? Has anyone written a simplified ordering guide?

<<<Bob>>>
    Do you know what part of the process they think is too complicated? Picking photos to order? Knowing how to select a photo for order? Selecting sizes to order? Selecting crops for those sizes? Payment stuff? Other?

--John
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    Bob MorrisonBob Morrison Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited May 1, 2005
    All I hear is that it's too complicated. I think it involves the cropping and choosing the type of color more than anything else.

<<<Bob>>>
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2005
    They don't have to use those two choices at all if things are set up correctly. We automatically pick the best crop size for them by default and offer that size first. And as a pro you have the option of only setting prices for crop ratios that fit your pics perfectly, so the buyer would never have to go in and change the crop. As for color, we default to true for pro prints, so if you have done a proper job of color calibration then everything should turn out fine :)

All I hear is that it's too complicated. I think it involves the cropping and choosing the type of color more than anything else.

<<<Bob>>>