Options

Co-branding help within galleries

ShanecShanec Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited May 1, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I've spent a significant amount of time looking over the customize settings, and reading the help files. After several hours of scouring the site, I can't figure out how to change the header, and footer within a gallery.

I've successfully changed them on the first page. What / where do they need to be changed for the galleries to be custom as well?

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2005
    Shanec wrote:
    I've spent a significant amount of time looking over the customize settings, and reading the help files. After several hours of scouring the site, I can't figure out how to change the header, and footer within a gallery.

I've successfully changed them on the first page. What / where do they need to be changed for the galleries to be custom as well?
    There is only the one header/footer you can change. These settings will apply for all of your galleries except when you turned it off for individual galleries.

It's not possible to create different co-brands for different galleries.

Hope that helps. I'm currently in the process of co-branding, too. Therefore I could be wrong.
    Welcome to dgrin! clap.gif

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    MitchMitch Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2005
    Shanec wrote:

Thanks so much!
    Hi Shanec,

Not sure if this is what you are asking, but here goes.

Go into customize gallery. Down toward the bottom, Appearance should be set to custom.

Mitch
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2005
    Mitch wrote:
    Hi Shanec,

Not sure if this is what you are asking, but here goes.

Go into customize gallery. Down toward the bottom, Appearance should be set to custom.

Mitch
    Clicking on the "Customize Gallery" box, right above the picture (in elegent format), and scrolling down to "Appearance" (right above "style") the radio button is set to "custom."

ne_nau.gif
    If this is not what you're referring to, please advise. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2005
    Bug in co-branding when referencing "Hide Owner"
    clap.gif

Eureka!

I have figured out my problem, and I believe found a bug (or a feature ;).

Within the Gallery Customize setting, if you set “Hide owner” option to “Yes,” your custom HTML settings are removed for the gallery. This I presume is a normal operation, when “hiding” the owner of a gallery.

Now here’s the bug. If you set “Hide owner” to “No” again, AFTER YOU HAVE SET IT TO YES, your custom HTML settings will not be used! Yes, for those about to mention the “Appearance” setting, it is set to “custom,” and SmugMug’s settings are still used.

[font=&quot]Shane[/font]
  • Options
    winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2005
    Shanec wrote:
    Now here’s the bug. If you set “Hide owner” to “No” again, AFTER YOU HAVE SET IT TO YES, your custom HTML settings will not be used! Yes, for those about to mention the “Appearance” setting, it is set to “custom,” and SmugMug’s settings are still used.
    Shane,
    I just tried this on one of my galleries. I definitely saw the phenomenon you were talking about, but I don't think it's permenant. If you navigate up one level, and then back down to the gallery, I think you will find that your cobranding settings in fact show up.
    -winn