Options

Logistical pricing question for orders of multiple copies of the same print

Mike KalcevicMike Kalcevic Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
edited September 15, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I know this is somewhat tied into the coupon issue, but here's what I currently have going on that one client brought to light...:scratch:scratch

My current price structure is set to do two things. First, to reflect the time cost of retouching individual images as I do a proof gallery where the client selects the proofs for order, and then I replace them with the final versions. Second, the prices are set to discourage orders of only and just a few 4x6s of different images.

Now the dilemma.... What happens when a client wants to order multiple copies of the Same image?? Obviously, I'm only retouching one of them and multiple copies are being printed, so I don't see where it would be fair to the client to have to pay the extra amount for retouching that I'm not doing.

What I would like to see implemented in Smugmug, would be the option to be able to set pricing for multiple copies of the same image. Something like "set the price for 1 8x10 glossy at:$$", followed by "set the price of multiple (more than one) copies of the same 8x10 glossy at:$$".

Now, I understand the coupon idea that's being talked about in the other thread, but I would rather be able to set something like this in the Portfolio pricing and not have to worry about generating coupons for each client/order that might end up being too logistically confusing for them (and me).

In any case, for the client that wants to do an order like this now, what have some of you (that have also had orders like this) done for the order processing? I was thinking of doing PayPal invoices for situations like this (at least until SM implements something comparable):dunno:scratch