Comments

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2008
    Good PP-ing. I like the vignetting and the burnt orange color.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2008
    Great another inspiring post
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    I think the most interesting aspect of this shot is the juxtaposition of the title with the subject, i.e. the uncomfortable warmth describing a desolate, cold winter scene. thumb.gif

The shot seems a little tilted to me, or at least just off-center enough to disturb a true symmetrical shot that would work if you were going for the vanishing point being smack in the center of the frame. Centering can be just fine, depending on the shot and I'm not sure it was intentional for you in this one or not. Railroad tracks being centered aren't my cup of tea but that is a personal opinion.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to Dgrin! wave.gif
  • nachtmerrienachtmerrie Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    Thank you. =D

Scmoo, you're right, it isn't centered. I took this a year ago when I was 15, so i don't think I was paying attention to lining things up correctly. I actually wanted this shot of the railroad to be centered, but it just didn't happen that way. I know what you mean about not liking railroads directly in the middle, but I don't think this shot is that far off enough to be qualified as an intentional uncentered shot. ne_nau.gif
    And, thanks for the welcome! I love these forums already. :ivar
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    Very moody and evocative shot with excellent post-processing. I actually like the centered-ness and symmetry of the tracks.
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    Kinda spooky, nice.