Toob Guy's Ferrari

DeathToDigitalDeathToDigital Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited September 17, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
On the way into this Japanese restaurant, I had to run back to the car for my camera!

Toob_Guy__s_Ferrari_by_Blue_Hour.jpg

and... 55mm. What's with that license plate? :scratch

Toob_Guy_again_by_Blue_Hour.jpg

Brutal honesty... Opinions?

Comments

• ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2008
    First of all...How the F can you drive a convertible with windows up??.

It´s is good snaps and i like the second the best.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    and don't forget his Ducati hat.

toob indeed lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    Hey, guys. Back off. That's MY car! :poke
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    He rolls the windows up and locks the doors so no one can steal stuff out of his car.

I don't get the license plate frame: Use a Transistor and Go to Jail? What's that about?
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
    I don't get the license plate frame: Use a Transistor and Go to Jail? What's that about?
    Ah, I missed that!

License plate is then pretty simple: He must own/run/love a high end audio store. Audiophiles swear by vacuum tubes instead of the "mass-market" solid-state transistors in their amplifiers.
    Erik

• eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    Or TOOB GUY likes antique radios and televisions: All tubes (toobs), no transistors. I have friends who collect such items . . . but none of them drive a Ferrari. rolleyes1.gif

Nice car! I'd like to pick one up, someday. rolleyes1.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    Great deduction Doc! Ida never figured that out. In fact many serious blues guitarists will only use old tube driven amplifiers 'cause they feel the sound is far more pure than modern transistor or digital amps. Maybe he's a (rich) blues guitarist?
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • DeathToDigitalDeathToDigital Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited September 17, 2008
    Alright, now how about some opinions on my shots? It was my second day with the camera... I really need to get all the advice I can on how to compose a shot, what to look for, how to capture it. Along those lines.
    Alright, now how about some opinions on my shots? It was my second day with the camera... I really need to get all the advice I can on how to compose a shot, what to look for, how to capture it. Along those lines.
    Ah. Gotta be honest, not so great - for one simple reason: there's no light. You've got a gray car in the shade, guessing near sunset too. A photo is only as good as the light, and I'm afraid there isn't much there (not your fault though :D). You said it yourself, you were running to grab a snap, not composing a good car photo.

Otherwise, I think you can tell by the discussion here, there's not really much in the way of composition. We've got a car, from a far off and flat rear angle. There's a parking island blocking the wheels. There's a tree coming in from the right. And there's all sorts of business in the background.

This is more a car-mag spy shot than a concours photo. You can do better nod.gif
    Erik

• DeathToDigitalDeathToDigital Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Ah. Gotta be honest, not so great - for one simple reason: there's no light. You've got a gray car in the shade, guessing near sunset too. A photo is only as good as the light, and I'm afraid there isn't much there (not your fault though :D). You said it yourself, you were running to grab a snap, not composing a good car photo.

Otherwise, I think you can tell by the discussion here, there's not really much in the way of composition. We've got a car, from a far off and flat rear angle. There's a parking island blocking the wheels. There's a tree coming in from the right. And there's all sorts of business in the background.

This is more a car-mag spy shot than a concours photo. You can do better nod.gif

That's exactly what I needed to hear! "A photo is only as good as the light..." Stuff like that will help me out a lot! I am still a young grasshopper.
    That's exactly what I needed to hear! "A photo is only as good as the light..."
    anytime thumb.gif
    Erik