CC: SF Bay @ Night !

Marshmallow ManMarshmallow Man Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited September 17, 2008 in Landscapes
this is the first time ive tried to take a night shot, and found the pp to be difficult, this is the best i could come up with at the this time.

please leave a comment, pointers, or suggestions...

2862424380_99de01c4d6_b.jpg

this was taking with my Tamron 17-35mm f/2.8 @ Shoreline Park in Alameda next to the Ferry Terminal.
- Roy

Comments

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2008
    That's cool. But it's so small it's hard to appreciate.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    That's cool. But it's so small it's hard to appreciate.
    15524779-Ti.gif Can you post a link to a larger version, say twice or so?

Would make for better C&C'ing!

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    Nice shot of the Bay Bridge. I have taken a similar shoot, not as wide tho' and from the Marin Highlands.

It seems to me that with such a wide pano you have undesireable issues that you can't control. The glare of some lights to the left & right, distract from the subject (which I believe is the bridge). What bridge is to the right (San Mateo? or GG)

The aspect ratio is too wide (for my taste).

my .02

I'm going to try wide tonite for the moonrise (@7:47). I have used my 200-400 f4 for moon shots, but I'm going to try my 70-200 and my 24-70, the subject being the city lights with a rising moon.

Why don't you pop out tonite and try some shots. Moonrises are special.
    Rags
  • Marshmallow ManMarshmallow Man Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    [Quote'"torags"]I'm going to try wide tonite for the moonrise (@7:47). I have used my 200-400 f4 for moon shots, but I'm going to try my 70-200 and my 24-70, the subject being the city lights with a rising moon.

Why don't you pop out tonite and try some shots. Moonrises are special.[/quote]

where are u from Torags?

wish i could get something larger, i was complete across the bay shooting @ 17mm, if there is a way let me know.. u can see the file on my flickr @ www.flickr.com/photosbyroy
    - Roy

I'm coming up from Burlingame.

You might need to go to 200 - 300mm to reduce the angle of view (I'm gueesing 17 is close to 40 degrees). My read is you're too far away for 17mm for that landscape

400mm

357076719_bJR27-M.jpg

It's very difficult (for me) to get the detailed moon shot when the moon is so low to the horizon - too much atmosphere in the way

Here's a crop ( cropped to remove objectable bright lights) thru the suspension cables of the GG

299157672_sRido-M.jpg
    Rags
    edited September 17, 2008
    Couldn't get the moon & the bridge in my frame.

Took a few bridge shots

374317928_UkCbk-M.jpg

374323529_QqYBi-M.jpg
    Rags