#8 Considerations

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited September 17, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Had a chance to go out over the weekend and do some shooting. Comments, input, etc., are welcome. Thanks!

#1 - The House of Last Resort

373555306_aN42J-XL.jpg

#2 - Outhouse Window (not sure about this one because there's at least one in the thread that's similar to it :scratch )

373555307_kMKu8-XL.jpg

#3 - Hanging by a Wire (Ver. 1)

373555236_NMFya-XL.jpg

#4 - Hanging by a Wire (Ver. 2)

373555215_9dfFQ-XL.jpg

#5 - House of Last Resort (Ver. 2)

374131184_iWXQc-XL.jpg

Comments

• agilepawzagilepawz Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited September 16, 2008
    I like #1 a lot. And, I noticed the USA on the door handle right away. I love it! #2 is great too, but I really like 1.

Michele
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    #1.

It's such a shame the outhouse doesn't have the moon on the door - that would be the only thing I can think of that could add to what you've already done. Very fun picture!
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    Wow, #1 is awesome.
  • HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    #4 is a great study in "weathered": rusted, faded and worn away in one simple image.

The flat light and straight on perspective in #1 keep it from popping. It's a cool find, just not enough "Wow" in this image. #2 says "weathered" but the odd greenish yellow color balance and tight crop on the right makes for more of "weathered ugly" rather than "weathered beautiful". #3 is less saturated than #4--I prefer the saturation in #4.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    4 works for me. I like the saturations of it better than 3. 1 is a little lacking in wow factor...but I wouldn't know how to make it any better.

Window is interesting but like you said...has been done. Also not sure if the sepia color does it justice.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    agilepawz wrote:
    I like #1 a lot. And, I noticed the USA on the door handle right away. I love it! #2 is great too, but I really like 1.

Michele

thumb.gif Thanks, Michele!
    divamum wrote:
    #1.

It's such a shame the outhouse doesn't have the moon on the door - that would be the only thing I can think of that could add to what you've already done. Very fun picture!
    thumb.gif Thanks! I'm afraid my Photoshop skills aren't good enough to get a moon on that door, though. rolleyes1.gif
    barrotj wrote:
    Wow, #1 is awesome.

thumb.gif Thanks!
    Halite wrote:
    #4 is a great study in "weathered": rusted, faded and worn away in one simple image.

The flat light and straight on perspective in #1 keep it from popping. It's a cool find, just not enough "Wow" in this image. #2 says "weathered" but the odd greenish yellow color balance and tight crop on the right makes for more of "weathered ugly" rather than "weathered beautiful". #3 is less saturated than #4--I prefer the saturation in #4.

Thanks. thumb.gif I'd been hesitating whether or not to include #2. And you helped me out a great deal by commenting on it. :D
    JAG wrote:
    4 works for me. I like the saturations of it better than 3. 1 is a little lacking in wow factor...but I wouldn't know how to make it any better.

Window is interesting but like you said...has been done. Also not sure if the sepia color does it justice.

thumb.gif Thanks! You're right about that sepia. When I was working on it last night, it looked kinda of cool. When I checked it again this morning, it looked all right. Now, it just looks sort of ne_nau.gif .
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    Hey Linda, how come that out house doesn't have a half moon in the door? headscratch.gif the window would be great if you could have someone sitting in the outhouse so you could see their head...rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Winston
    Hey Linda, how come that out house doesn't have a half moon in the door? headscratch.gif the window would be great if you could have someone sitting in the outhouse so you could see their head...rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Winston

rolleyes1.gif Yeah, it would!
    richtersl wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif Yeah, it would!

don't let my window stop you from posting your window... besides I changed my entry... will probably change it again before the contest is over...

Winston
    I like that new one! Then again I liked the first one too.
    edited September 17, 2008
    richtersl wrote:
    I like that new one! Then again I liked the first one too.

Thanks, decisions, decisions... I like the one you entered... good choice

Winston
    Thanks, decisions, decisions... I like the one you entered... good choice

Winston

Thanks. :D

Oh Lordy----tell me about decisions! rolleyes1.gif
  • idiomidiom Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    I really like the title you gave your photo btw. :)