Options

Info

dreamlessdreamless Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited September 22, 2008 in Go Figure
I've been thinking about getting into this type of photography and had a couple questions. Where is a good place to place an ad for this type of model? Is there a 'template' model release form that I could use? Is there a standard price for shoot of this nature?

I'm trying to explore my different interests in photography and thank you for any information.

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2008
    You can always try craigslist. But beware, there are bunch of weirdos on that site as well. So be very careful on that part. There might be professional modeling agencies that allow this, check them out and their prices.

I think the standard model release form would be a suitable release form. Just remember to include the statements that they are 18 and over, that they are aware that you will be shooting them in the nude or semi-nude, and some others.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    ClubFlysClubFlys Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited September 17, 2008
    I find it best to inquire with close friends. Otherwise you may start building a reputation of being a perv photog.
  • Options
    1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2008
    Model Mayhem
    Your best bet is probably Model Mayhem -- they are a huge network of mostly semi-amateur/amateur models (mostly part-time amateur) and semi-amateur to pro photographers, as well as Make-up Artists, etc. You can do local searches and post your own "casting call". The web site is free to join, and you can get lots of work if you are reliable, decent and have reasonable talent, and you make the effort. A lot of the "work" is actually mutual portfolio building without any money changing hands (TFCD) -- although nude models generally get paid something.

ModelMayhem.com

Also, try Meetup.com to see if there are any photography/model groups in your area that use Meetup to network.

Have fun!
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2008
    yep!
    MM, or Model Mayhem is a decent site to sign up for. I have used one gal I met thru there. The others I have shot nude were friends that I asked or asked me. I paid for the one on MM and haven't paid anyone since. In fact they paid me by virtue of purchasing my photos of them.

One gal that asked first had me do simple portraits of her fam/kids etc. and once the relationship was established, she asked. Another toyed with the idea at work sometime last year, and then stopped me three weeks ago and made a shoot-date that came to fruition. And yet another brought her daughter to me, very pregnant and had me shoot her nude and pregnant.

cheers, tom
    tom wise