Options

Where's my logo???

KDphotoDesignKDphotoDesign Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited September 17, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Ok, so I can see it when I'm logged in, and when I'm logged out. I can see it with firefox and with internet explorer......but, other people have told me all they see is the nav bar on the home page.

What do you see? And what could the problem be? I'm confused!!

Thanks!

http://www.connierphotography.com/

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,246 moderator
    edited September 16, 2008
    Ok, so I can see it when I'm logged in, and when I'm logged out. I can see it with firefox and with internet explorer......but, other people have told me all they see is the nav bar on the home page.

Thanks!

Your logo shows on your home page for me in both IE7 and Firefox. It does not show on any other page though. I have to be honest, I find it a bit disconcerting to be on a photography site without any indication of who the photographer is. Your banner is too large to place on all pages, but a smaller version of the banner might be a good addition to your site. (Oops! I did it again... answered a question you didn't ask. Feel free to ignore my comments.)

--- Denise
  • Options
    Denise, thank you for letting me know it's visible to you on the home page. It's not supposed to be visible on any other pages, I'm glad you didn't see it there ;)

I'm helping the site owner build her site, and this is what she wants. So thanks for the input, I'll suggest maybe an intro somewhere more visible.

Anyone else see, or not see it?
  • Options
    OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    Shows up fine on my computer. thumb.gif
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins

Thanks!

In your banner CSS you are telling IE6 to not show the background. :D Is that
    the browser they are using and don't se it?

_background: none;
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited September 17, 2008
    I am?! Laughing.gif:D Thanks for catching that Allen! Could you tell me what the code is that I need to take out or fix?

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    I am?! Laughing.gif:D Thanks for catching that Allen! Could you tell me what the code is that I need to take out or fix?

Thanks so much!
    Remove the line I posted in your banner CSS. That line is a left over from
    the CSS adding a filter for IE when using a png instead of jpg.

#my_banner {
    width: 900px;
    height: 223px;
    text-align: center;
    margin: 35px auto;
    background: url(http://connierphotography.smugmug.com/photos/360031311_HYGf6-O.jpg) no-repeat;
    _background: none;
    display: none;
    }
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    That makes perfect sense Allen! I was trying to use a png at first, and then decided to go with a jpg and must have missed that line rolleyes1.gifThanks again for catching that!!

I removed the line in red, so hopefully all is well now in the world of IE6.