Skate Park Kids...

Ratty2austinRatty2austin Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited September 18, 2008 in Sports
Well, after I picked up my 40D a few months back, one of the things I tried out on a nice sunny day- was I stopped by a skate park for a few minutes to try out the "sport mode"

I kinda like what I got, but I think I can do better next time... opinions please?

all the photos in there are no P-P, exif data will tell the rest :D
Most of them were taken with my 17-85mm f4-5.6, some with the 70-200mm f4L

here's the whole gallery- (yeah, its a mess in there :rolleyes )
http://ratty2austin.smugmug.com/gallery/4697810_GMRTy#277884973_SLzP2

321836194_ZBSGr-L.jpg

this one I know could use some touch up... but I liked that there was nothing but sky and the skater
321838266_HW2ie-M.jpg

321828080_K7E6B-M.jpg

C & C welcome! :D I am just curious to what you think of these...

Comments

• 2whlrcr2whlrcr Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2008
    I like the artsy composition of the first one. I think some fill flash would have helped tremendously on the first two shots. Plus you need to get away from the sports mode and learn to start manually, adjusting the shutter speeds or apertures the you want.
  • Matt336Matt336 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2008
    2whlrcr wrote:
    I like the artsy composition of the first one. I think some fill flash would have helped tremendously on the first two shots. Plus you need to get away from the sports mode and learn to start manually, adjusting the shutter speeds or apertures the you want.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Nice timing on your shots!
  • johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2008
    Yep, nice composition on the first 2. Add a speedlight and you'll have some winning shots. It's essential for shots like that. If you expose for the subject you'll blow the sky out - OK for some other sports where you're not shooting up so much. But for this type of photography flash will make a huge difference.