Orchard Sunrise

hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
edited September 20, 2008 in Landscapes
As always brutal criticism gladly accepted (but I won't promise I won't cry :cry)

I have been thinking about a series of shots at this location for awhile and finally kicked myself out of bed at 5a to see if I could get anything worthwhile.

374455047_TSxtc-L.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2008
    Nice sunrise from a fellow Massachuesen, who also shoots a Pentax K-10D! thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2008
    Thanks Don, there are a few of us out there shooting Pentax.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    Hi Tom, I think you did really well! If I were to stand on this hill I'm not sure I would see potential in it, even with great light. But you found it! The light and the colors really make it.

thumb.gif
    Thanks for the comment Schmoo. There is actually a picture I liked even better that I submitted for Round 3 of Muench University.
  • Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2008
    Other-worldly
    Nice shot, hawkeye978.
    It's got an alien flavor to it, probably due to the colors, the lighting, and the fascinating configuration of the trees in the orchard.
    'nother Pentaxian here, was that the kit lens? I'm impressed.

M
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2008
    Nice picture Tom! I think it was worth getting up at 5 am. The lighting and colors are great. clap.gif
    edited September 20, 2008
    Nice shot, hawkeye978.
    It's got an alien flavor to it, probably due to the colors, the lighting, and the fascinating configuration of the trees in the orchard.
    'nother Pentaxian here, was that the kit lens? I'm impressed.

M
    Thanks Miguel. Yes, this is the 18-55 kit lens. I was surprised how much the light changed in the course of a few minutes. Right after this shot the light went really dead and I almost left. Then some clouds moved in and I think began reflecting light down on the area and the light really got interesting.