Options

A day in Minneapolis

DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
edited September 18, 2008 in Location, Location, Location!
Got an unexpected business trip to MSP this weekend and it looks like I will have Sunday off. I'll be with a colleague who's not a shooter, but he's like me in that he likes National Parks, scenery, museums, etc.

Any thoughts on where we should spend our Sunday? (We decided to save $100 each and skip the Vikes game!)

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Duckys54Duckys54 Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2008
    I'm sorry, I wish I could help you but I've never really gone to Minneapolis to shoot or explore. I know that walking around the city there are a lot of interesting stores/people/etc.
    I am Trevor and I have upgraded:
    Canon 40D
    Canon EF-S 17-85 IS

http://www.flickr.com/trevaftw
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2008
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Got an unexpected business trip to MSP this weekend and it looks like I will have Sunday off. I'll be with a colleague who's not a shooter, but he's like me in that he likes National Parks, scenery, museums, etc.

Any thoughts on where we should spend our Sunday? (We decided to save $100 each and skip the Vikes game!)

Thanks!

In town (both Mpls & St. Paul) we have Minnehaha Falls which is fairly close with a nice walking park and things to see. Visit the Stone Arch Bridge which overlooks the spillway and looks into the city..best taken at sunset. The shot below is a shot taken from down on the waterfront at close to dark:

207086438_mxFRV-L.jpg

We have Como Zoo in St. Paul and the Minnesota Zoo in Apple Valley. There are many photo ops in the city of Minneapolis as well. Lots of cool things, buildings and people. Nicollet Mall is a favorite with interesting sculptures and storefonts.

Also, check out the surrounding lakes (Lake Calhoun, Lake of the Isles, Lake Harriet, Lake Nokomis). Lake of the Isles provides some nice city shots:

From Lake Calhoun

174598653_nr2hs-L.jpg

Lake Nokomis

93182028_cdNUN-L-1.jpg

Lake of the Isles

211859499_sUVS9-L.jpg

Sorry for all the pics but wanted you to get an idea what to expect before driving all over the place..heheh. Some more places will come to mind I'm sure but this should give you a head's up.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2008
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys! thumb.gif

Just read that the new 35W is open already - that was FAST!