#8 Just Cooling

TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
edited September 19, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
here is one shot from many i did the otherday, i may have cropped a little more than i should have and i will fix that, by adding a little more to the rear side tonight...
i was hoping to get some feedback on it, hows the treatment, theme strength, possibility to make it to the vote?...etc...

also, do any of you feel its better than my current entry of the coins?

thanks for your opinions,
Aaron Nelson

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2008
    here is one shot from many i did the otherday, i may have cropped a little more than i should have and i will fix that, by adding a little more to the rear side tonight...
    i was hoping to get some feedback on it, hows the treatment, theme strength, possibility to make it to the vote?...etc...

also, do any of you feel its better than my current entry of the coins?

thanks for your opinions,

I like the motorcycle. If you're still playing around with it, how about trying a crop that zeros in on a polished up area of the bike? You should be able to come up with something pretty nice with the v-twin. mwink.gif
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    richtersl wrote:
    I like the motorcycle. If you're still playing around with it, how about trying a crop that zeros in on a polished up area of the bike? You should be able to come up with something pretty nice with the v-twin. mwink.gif

15524779-Ti.gif The chrome on the motorcycles speaks the theme alot more than the coins. Cropping in closer and almost make it look abstract would be cool. The crop on it now is way too much and not enough at the same time (IMO). Play around with the crop and see what you get!thumb.gif
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    I'd either widen the shot or bring it in closer, that mid ground isn't doing much for me. Also maybe a bit lighter (play around with the levels?)
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Mike LeBlancMike LeBlanc Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    Funny...I was gonna do the same shot with my Softail. I really like the shot of the coins, I think its a great photo. I own a Harley forum so maybe I am just burnt out on pictures of Harleys. If I was to go the bike theme I might just do a shot of the motor. I have been trying that with my bike but I just can't seem to get 1 I like. Then again I haven't tried it with my new Nikon. Try a few more & see what ya get and if nothing pans out you still got a great shot to fall back on. thumb.gif
    Camera : Nikon D40
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    thanks all,
    i have a few other shots, abstract etc, etc, i spent most of my time avoiding being in the refelection from any givin chromed part....

thanks all, i dont know what im going to do for sure...

can i get some C&C on the coin shot too? is it apparent that the coin shot is weathered?
    Aaron Nelson
  • Mike LeBlancMike LeBlanc Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    Yes it was apparent to me. thumb.gif
    Camera : Nikon D40
  • bsharpbsharp Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited September 19, 2008
    thanks all,
    i have a few other shots, abstract etc, etc, i spent most of my time avoiding being in the refelection from any givin chromed part....

thanks all, i dont know what im going to do for sure...

can i get some C&C on the coin shot too? is it apparent that the coin shot is weathered?

It is apparent that the coins are weathered, but I think all of the coins should have been in focus and the main emphases should have been on the weathered texture of the coins. By putting the coins on either a 'polished', or smooth surface, or on a weathered piece of wood and showing more of the coin surface it would improve the image - in my opinion.

I really like vertical format of the Harley that you currently have posted. The only thing that bothers me is the background. It doesn't bother me as much in the horizontal image you have posted here, but for the one in the Entry thread, I think it distracts. But I do really like the shot!!