Options

Naturoscope - Honfleur

YzyYzy Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited September 19, 2008 in Wildlife
Hello everyone :))

I want to share with you this incredible place : the Naturoscope in Honfleur !
http://www.normandiememoire.com/lieux_visites/index.php?id=119&lg=gb

Imagine hundreds of butterflies flying around you and sometimes on you in a splendid ballet of grace and colors !

* where all begin : the hatcher

375225213_7ZJkr-L.jpg

=> you are not dreaming this one is huge !!

375229415_Jte4e-L.jpg

=> my little friend newly born

375092640_xXkjZ-L.jpg

=> black and red very fashion no ?

375092963_Fi5e9-L.jpg

* the flower and the butterfly

375088759_75WWL-L.jpg

375084219_jWBqy-L.jpg

375231023_F3o7Z-L.jpg

It's my first attempt with butterflies so I hope you will give me advices and comments to help me improve my poor skills thanks a lot :))
Many more to see in my gallery here and thanks for passing here :
http://cauv1.smugmug.com/gallery/6000789_BQY92/1/375220829_NqJb9

Michel

Comments

• Options
    MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2008
    That does look like one incredible place. Wow! What a variety of butterflies. You certainly got some pics of the more colorful ones. As far as advice, I would say that you need to watch the exposure. All of the images are overexposed, but they are not overexposed by much. Some adjustments in your photo editor can fix that rather easily especially if you shot these images in RAW format.

The last three have the most potential as you framed the butterfly well in a natural environment. If you dialed back the power on your flash about 1/2 stop or a full stop or adjusted the position of the flash so that it is not facing directly at the subject, these might have come out better exposed. The last three though already have nice composition.

Looking forward to more posts and welcome.
  • Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    Welcome! Those are some beautiful beasties!
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Options
    DocdppDocdpp Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    What an opportunity to shoot butterflys and moths. Very cool. Nice picts. Welcome.

doc
  • Options
    YzyYzy Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited September 19, 2008
    Thanks a lot for your comments and especially Maestro for his good advices :))